1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switched to Paid MRV.My recordings are all failing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Flyboyscs, May 19, 2010.

1. Flyboyscs

Flyboyscs Mentor

Jan 7, 2007
    Yesterday I went through the whole process of switching from the Beta to paid MRV. I have it set up as unsupported as I have had zero problems with MRV over my ethernet network since day one. Well that has all changed. I have 4 DVRs and most wind up recording the same shows but I have never even had a failed recording. Tonight a lot of my recordings are going right to the "would you like to delete this recording window as soon as I hit play. If I try and watch a show recorded from another room I am getting "playback failed No audio/video data packets received from server." but this is of course because there is no show there.

I am really not sure what is going on here. I really don't know but it seems like the recordings aren't getting the right signal from the dish? I have a SWM-8 which I installed myself a year and a half ago does directv need to know about this when they turned on "unsupported mode"? It's not a coincidence for sure that this started happening right after I had MRV officially turned on.

The wife is kinda pissed at me any thoughts?

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Do a system cold start. Unplug all receivers and dvrs, unplug the swm power inserter. Reboot the router. Wait 5 minutes, plug in the SWM, then boot up one receiver/dvr at a time. See if that fixes it.

3. Flyboyscs

Flyboyscs Mentor

Jan 7, 2007
    I'll give it a try.

4. Rakul

Rakul Slacker

Sep 3, 2007
    I had that happen to me a before when I was transfering a few TB of files over the network, just waiting cured my issue.

5. DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    While it seems strange timing, recordings going directly to keep/delete are usually because the signal isn't getting to the DVR properly. Any component from the LNB to the tuner in the DVR could be at fault.

If I understand correctly, these recordings don't play locally. While the timing is suspicious, it seems unlikely that activating MRV, rather than having it on Beta, would affect local recording of a show.