Switching from Dish - 4K Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by wregister80, Jul 22, 2019.

1. wregister80

wregister80 New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    I have been thinking about switching from Dish to DirecTV for a few weeks. With Dish possibly turning off Fox Sports that means it is time to go. I can't miss my Braves.

I have called a couple of times and tried to signup online a couple of times. I am running into a problem with 4K. Online there is no way to specify you want a 4K receiver. It just says 7 wireless minis when I get to the cart. If you call the sales department they have no clue what 4K is and what I am talking about.

The only answer I get from the chat online is I go ahead and go through with the order with the seven wireless minis and then when the installer gets here tell him I want a C61K.

Does this sound right to everyone?

I just feel like when he gets here he is either going to say "I don't have any of those on the truck" or "I can't change the order."

Thanks

2. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Yada Yada Yada DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    I wouldn't do this online. Keep calling until you get someone who knows how to take your order. Just hang up if they don't know what 4K is.

Do you want us to tell you what you need? Or do you already know...

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Call this number during normal business hours Monday-Friday (1-855-422-1614). The CSRs at this number are located in the USA and are more knowledgeable and will be able to assist you with placing your order.

BrendanJ likes this.
  4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    And be aware that DIRECTV can lose channels in disputes. DISH has a short term extension for the Fox Sports channels. DIRECTV has CBS O&O stations and a couple other channels dark at the moment.

5. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    As with any service provider.

6. BreadDawg

BreadDawg Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Deep South
    Yep in our local market CBS and NBC are in the dark for Directv customers. It does pain me that Dish just went without the Fox Sports group.

7. wregister80

wregister80 New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Thanks so much for this number. They got me in touch with someone that knew what I was talking about and got me setup with the equipment I wanted.

8. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    You're welcome, enjoy you're DIRECTV service.

9. DishCSR

DishCSR Godfather

Jan 14, 2004
    That's the protection plan number that's why they're all in the US the protection plan is managed by Asurion and they only employ US csrs. I used to work for them