Switching from Dish to DIRECTV?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Osu87, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Osu87

Osu87 New Member

Aug 19, 2020
    I am considering switching from Dish to direct TV. right now I have the dish all everything pack or whatever it is basically every channel but in November it will be two years without HBO and Cinemax and it has been over a year now with no Fox Sports regionals. Not to mention the fact we currently have no NFL network not a big deal right now and I also can’t get my local ABC affiliate because it is owned by Scripps.Any suggestions by anyone who has switched in the past about what package to get with that one that has the 330 channels be similar to my all everything packed I want to make sure I have my FOX Sports regionals and my locals also and all available in HD and I do want to have one DVR

Also it looks like there with these extra packages with a 50 extra is that something One would need on top of that to get basically all channels any help would be appreciated

longhorn23 likes this.
  2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    As to what DIRECTV package will fulfill your needs you'll need Premier ($174.99 a month) along with EPIX ($5.99 a month) and Movies Extra Pack ($4.99 a month). Regional Sports are included with Premier as well as your local networks.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2020
    Osu87, longhorn23 and compnurd like this.
  3. mitchflorida

mitchflorida Godfather

May 18, 2009
    Switching to a new company always gives you the lowest new customer rate for the first year. HBO MAX is also free for the first year. And $200 gift card with new signup.

longhorn23 likes this.
  4. Osu87

Osu87 New Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Thank you that’s the answer I was looking for :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

longhorn23 likes this.
  5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    The question is further complicated by the relatively recent acquisition of most of the Fox RSNs by Sinclair.

As there are more than a few channels that DIRECTV doesn't carry at all that DISH offers (and vice versa), channel count is probably the easiest (yet least useful) metric to compare services.

The RSNs that appear in the Sports Pack are listed here (blackout rules apply):
    The "All-Included" DIRECTV Premier Package includes the Sports Pack (otherwise $13.99/month). It suffers additional local channel and RSN fees in most markets.

Expect to be paying upwards of $210/month starting in month 13 of the 24 month commitment.

longhorn23 likes this.
  6. Osu87

Osu87 New Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Thank you for info it is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

longhorn23 likes this.
  7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Off topic content removed. No need for further off topic comments.

makaiguy likes this.