Switching from SL5 to SL5KRB - Error 722

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by David Sylvia, Jul 17, 2021.

1. David Sylvia

David Sylvia New Member

Jul 17, 2021
    I have some old H25-700 receivers that won't take a hit with the new LNB and a SWMM30 switch. What's wrong? Any ideas?

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Did you complete the satellite setup since moving to the new LNB?

Do you have other receivers that are working as expected?

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    E.Mdtrn Sea
    could you post full picture of your equipment ?

4. David Sylvia

David Sylvia New Member

Jul 17, 2021
    Well , our friends at Directv finally told me today that if your receivers are pulling code 722, there is a network issue with activating them. This was after I had swapped some of the receivers three or four times. That involved pulling receivers out of their mounts behind the TV'S that we had mounted. That was a giant pain in the ___. When something like this happens, you always think it's something you did. Is the signal OK, connectors, wires, etc. A huge time waster and super frustrating. Why didn't they tell me about the code the first time I called in? This was a ten receiver job and I spent at least three extra hours trying to solve a problem that was unsolvable.

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Were these 25s running or were you adding them to the system ?

Error code 722.
    722 | Service Expired | IRD was unplugged for an extended period,
    reconnect IRD & have CS reauthorize.

6. David Sylvia

David Sylvia New Member

Jul 17, 2021
    These receivers were being moved to a new location by a company, but because of pandemic etc.,they sat in storage for a year. So when it came time for the install, the receivers were showing error code 722. At first I thought it had something to do with the LNB changing to the SL5KRB . I caught that in sat set up and changed the LNB to reverse band. Still would not take a hit. Then I just went crazy checking everything with the SWMM30 switch and wiring, connectors, all that. But I had great signal on all the satellites. Then after swapping boxes that they had on like the 5th or 6th phone call to Directv , I'm told this is a network issue and I probably will have to get new boxes. WOW!!!! What fun. This error code was showing on all ten of the receivers. But if They were hit one at a time, some went thru. Some never did.

7. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    A couple of years ago I had a HR24 die. I had 1 that I had deactivated. I talked them into sending me a new Smart Card for it and it went right thru with the new card.
    ????????????

8. Claude A Greiner

Claude A Greiner DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 7, 2018
    There was an email about a month ago. If you had a receiver disconnected about a year ago the smart card didn’t get an update and would not take authorization.

Smart card needs to be swapped, and Directv should swap it for free. It’s a known issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk