Switching rooms

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by rafaelsalonga, May 21, 2017.

  1. rafaelsalonga

    rafaelsalonga New Member

    May 21, 2017
    I have the VIP722K for TV in my living room and master bedroom (TV2). I also have a 311 for my sons room. I would like to move the signal of the VIP722K from the master(TV2) to my sons room and totally do away with his 311 cable box. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
  2. Jim5506

    Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

    Jun 7, 2004
    IIRC the TV2 output is simply an NTSC modulated signal on a preset UHF channel.

    All you must do is insert a splitter into the TV2 output from the 722k and run that new cable to the TV in your sons bedroom.

    From my 722 days I don't remember whether the 722 has 1 or 2 RF signal outs (I believe it is only 1), so both bedrooms may have to share one channel stream and splitting the signal reduces signal strength by 50%.

    If you are just moving the RF output from your bedroom to your sons, it is just a matter of removing the cable from your bedroom TV and running it to your son's bedroom, no splitter, no signal reduction.

Share This Page

spam firewall