1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switching to HD

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by thopki2, May 26, 2012.

1. thopki2

thopki2 AllStar

Mar 29, 2006
    I have been a Dish customer since almost day one. I am finally planning to switch over to HD, but I seem to remember I had difficulty getting a decent line of sight to the two satellites when my Dish 500 was first installed.

The installer finally went to a pole mount and ever since my reception has been fine.

I understand that a new satellite dish will need to be installed for HD and was wondering if the satellite location will be approxamately the same.
    Thanks

2. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    The three satellites are in close proximity so the signal is picked up by the single dish. This is with either the WA or EA. You will normally only have one dish installed for the three satellites. Your installation will probaby remain the same. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

3. thopki2

thopki2 AllStar

Mar 29, 2006
    Thanks Ray,
    A little unclear - WA or EA ?

4. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    Western Arc/Eastern Arc. Its a term used to associate your installation with which birds you are pointing at as Dish has them on both arcs to accommodate most customers and potential issues like a tree being in the way for one set.

5. thopki2

thopki2 AllStar

Mar 29, 2006
    Got it,
    Thanks to all.

6. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    In Northern Maine you may not be able to see the Eastern Arc satellites and can almost be gauranteed that 129 will be too low in the sky. Give Ray your account number or phone number so he can see what is available to you.:)

7. thopki2

thopki2 AllStar

Mar 29, 2006
    Thanks,
    I have sent a PM to Ray.

8. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    If the OP is in Maine - he almost certainly going to be getting an Eastern Arc setup for HD, since 129 (Western Arc) is too low. He won't see much on 77 either, but that is only being used for some southern US locals anyway.