SWM Demultiplexer for legagy gear?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Special Request Legacy Items (private)' started by WB3FFV, Oct 24, 2008.

1. WB3FFV

WB3FFV Legend

Mar 2, 2007
    I thought I saw this once, then went looking around, and now I see nothing, so maybe it was a dream. Is there anything made that will decouple the SWM channels into legacy inputs in your home?

I ask, as it would sure be nice to be able to use a single cable around the house, and still link in things like an old TiVo by decoupling the SWM channels at the receiver back to legacy inputs.

I am guessing the answer is NO, and I need all newer receivers, but figured I'd at least toss this out and see if anyone has heard of such a beast!

2. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    I don't think I've heard of anything like that. The stand-alone SWM8 module does however have 3 legacy ports (they don't see 99 or 103).

3. WB3FFV

WB3FFV Legend

Mar 2, 2007
    Understood, but using the legacy ports I have to run individual runs though the house to each input, killing the beauty of a single cable run to the top floor of my house. Why a demux unit for the SWM would rock, but I suspect there is no such beast!