1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SWM protocol and DirecTv license agreement

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Dabanfi, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Dabanfi

Dabanfi New Member

Jun 25, 2018
    Dear friends
    We are an Italian company that we want to develop a marine tracking antenna that can work with the DirecTV system (obviously for the US market). What we are looking for is information related to the SMW protocol and above all we are trying to understand which DirecTV office or department we need to contact to sign any licensing agreements. I ask for help in the hope of finding someone who can help me.

Thank you

Daniele

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    here ? in public forum ? not on DTV official site ?
    good luck !
    :D

PS.Take down AIM device and pull its commands when it's connect to SWiM LNB ;)

3. Dabanfi

Dabanfi New Member

Jun 25, 2018
    Dear Smith,
    I certainly know that it is impossible for a public forum to have news, but if by chance you can tell me (even in private) a department and / or person in DTV that can help me I would be very grateful.
    We contacted a laboratory that claims to perform approval tests for DirecTv (NTS) but it seems we can not understand each other.
    After all I just try to know who we should contact in DTV to officially activate this procedure to get technical info and commercial agreements.
    If you have any reference, you can send them in private to: daniele.banfi [at] wamblee.it
    Thank you

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    sorry, I can't help you for establishing right contact inside DTV

May I point you to other companies who do know/use the protocol: mfgs of LNB and SWiM switches, like WNC,Zinwel,CalAmp,Andrew,Eagle Aspen,Wistron etc

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  5. Dabanfi

Dabanfi New Member

Jun 25, 2018
    Of course Smith,
    But unfortunately we are in Italy and here we do not produce any equipment for DTV and get this info from any producers of other DTV equipment is very complicated.
    I have to say that I thought things were simpler in the USA, but in the last few weeks where we have been looking for a contact (or just information), we have found it difficult to get around ....
    Thanks anyway and if someone who reads me can give me some info, I would be very grateful.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    those LNB/switches mfgs are in China; perhaps some EU mfgs making/design SWiM capable parts for DTV; I would start contacting such mfgs [Inverto,Global Invacom, etc] in EU who are making similar to DTV's SWiM/FTM Unicable/SatCR equipment