SyFy Cancels "Defiance"

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by RunnerFL, Oct 16, 2015.

1. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
  2. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    They lost me at the end of season 2. Then again, SyFy is making it difficult to like any of their new shows. No sense of humor in the current management...

Peace,
    Tom

1 person likes this.
  3. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Season 3 was great and the ending was acceptable. As for other SyFy shows, I had hopes for Dominion. Season 1 was good, 2 kinda floundered.

I do like Killjoys and Dark Matter.

4. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    I hate to see Defiance go! With the ending they had, they actually could have started a new show of space adventure. Excellent show ending.

Killjoys and Dark Matter ended up a bit different than I expected. The first few episodes of each had me thinking that I wasn't going to stick with Dark Matter, but I ended up liking it much better than Killjoys.

Now for December and Childhood's End and Expanse. I read CE when I was a youngster, and just reread it the other day. One of Arthur C. Clarke's best novels imo. Can't remember which book Expanse is based on right now, but I read it. With both if they are pretty close to the books they are based on, we are in for a fine ride!! :)

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Not surprising, given how they ended the season... and I know the ratings were never stellar... and I gather their attempt to tie it to that video game back in season one didn't help the revenue stream either!

I thought it was consistently good, not great... and I always enjoyed the episodes even if sometimes I didn't look forward to them as "can't wait" TV appointments. I think it was a solid modern sci-fi contribution with some good actors and characters.

6. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    That game was part of the mult-platform try that SyFy thought might actually generate some revenue in addition to what a show would by itself. It just didn't pan out. I think in the end it was money that killed Defiance. Scifi shows can be very expensive to produce which means they need plenty of money coming in to keep them going.
    I thought Defiance was one of the best shows that SyFy came out with.

7. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Dominon has been canned now too.

8. Billzebub

Billzebub Godfather

Jan 1, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Is Dominion the one with the Angels? Tried to like that show but couldn't. Always enjoyed Defiance

9. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    I liked Defiance, but it had sort of run its course by the end of this season. The finale made for a good series finale as well.

I stuck with Dominion through the first season (it was difficult to do) and just couldn't bear to continue through season 2.

1 person likes this.
  10. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Yes, Dominion is/was the one with the angels. Season 1 was pretty good but Season 2 has been kinda crappy. I haven't finished watching all of Season 2 and probably won't now that it has been cancelled.

11. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    So that is it, I can delete the SL? There is not a last season in the can?

12. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    You can delete the SL. The last season of Defiance was Season 3 which already aired.

13. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    thanks