1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syfy orders U.S. version of "Being Human"

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Oct 29, 2009.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    This summer I recorded the episodes of "Being Human" on BBCA but haven't watched them yet. I now read this:
    So, is the Brit version of the show any good?

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    As you know, programming preferences vary. Why don't you watch the episodes you've got and share your opinion with us.

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I watched the BBC version, well the first 2 episodes anyways, and wasn't impressed. After the second episode I deleted the remaining episodes and canceled the SL.

4. larryk

larryk Legend

Aug 17, 2006
    I made it through 1.5 episodes...

5. Tinymon

Tinymon AllStar

Sep 21, 2007
    I really liked the show. I watched all six and am glad they will be coming back. The US version will probably suck pretty bad if past performance is any indication.

6. redfiver

redfiver DBSTalk Club Member

Nov 18, 2006
    I watched the first couple of episodes and then was bored by it. And I normally like UK shows.

I like the premise, so maybe it will work out okay for the US. I'll watch one episode at least.

7. xmguy

xmguy Active Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    I watched 3 episodes of it also. Didn't really like it to out there.

8. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    I watched the complete series and can't wait for #2, it picked up rather well with quite a few good story lines for each character. They had background stories for everyone as well as an over reaching story arc that can continue as long as they want it to. I do expect any American version to be crap as The Office is the only show I can think of that they brought over here and made work. To give a background I enjoy Robin Hood, absolutely loved the Jekyll miniseries but couldn't stay with Dr. Who or Torchwood. I usually love those type of shows but for whatever reason I just didn't get into either of them but Being Human is definitely different from them.

9. Nov 2, 2009 #9 of 12
    dbconsultant

dbconsultant Hall Of Fame

Sep 13, 2005
    Temecula, CA
    We're big Torchwood fans as well as Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes and we love the British version of Being Human. We're glad it's coming back but don't know if we'll watch the American version - that got kind of confusing with Life on Mars!

10. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I thought it was a good series. It definitely has some slow parts, but the character interactions between the three roommates are definitely well written. It will be interesting to see how it comes across in an American version.

- Merg

11. jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    Hmmm... Maybe they can get Joss Wheden to write it!

12. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    If your BBCA are in SD, then I would hold out for the HD SyFy before I watched them. Plus you can free up some drive space in the meantime.