SYTYCD - auditions

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by BattleScott, May 25, 2012.

1. BattleScott

BattleScott Hall Of Fame

Aug 28, 2006
    I know threads usually aren't started until the competition rounds are started, but holy crap, did anyone see "The Excorcist" guy? That was freakin' amazing...

2. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    SYTYCD is, by far, our favorite show. We enjoy it mostly because of their voting method. It's not perfect but we find that our favorite dancer from the auditions usually wins. And we just love the allstars.

The freaky guy was ... freaky! :eek:

3. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    The "Exorcist Style" guy is some kind of genius. A rare event for shlock reality TV. Grown men were crying in the aisles when he finished.

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...

Hampton Williams - Excorcist Style (Let me take your pain away)

[YOUTUBEHD]sNHi7Wa7vpc[/YOUTUBEHD]

5. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I suffered a devastating peronal loss on Monday of this past week (May 21) and I haven't been able to privately and fully grieve until now. Hampton Williams' haunting dance interpretation, 'Exorcist Style' finally gave me the push over the edge I needed for me to release the flood of emotions that has built up in me all week.

Thank you, Hampton Williams and thanks to BattleScott for posting.

6. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    WOW!!!! That was not what I was expecting. I thought he was going to be a joke, but I was seriously moved. Phenomenal.

7. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    That was WEIRD. For no reason at all, I had tears rolling down my cheeks. And I wasnt even in any pain.

8. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Me too!

9. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I wasn't as profoundly affected as some, but I'll admit that the auditions this season have been a lot more entertaining and a lot less formulaic.

10. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    I have no way of knowing what you have lost, but it made me think of what it would take in my life to feel a devastating personal loss.

It took me a while to compose myself.

God Bless and carry on, because you must.

Henry

Tears have a wisdom all their own. They come when a person has relaxed enough to let go and to work through his sorrow. They are the natural bleeding of an emotional wound, carrying the poison out of the system. Here lies the road to recovery.
    --- F. Alexander Magoun

11. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    I'm no dance guy, but best I can tell, he uses his body language to communicate vulnerability. And underneath our shells, we are all vulnerable with deep feelings. He can wordlessly take us right there, to the hurt and the release. Like a therapist, he kind of tells us "give me your pain, feel it going out of yourself and over to me. I'll act it out for you, feel it going away." To connect with another human so deeply without words is very moving. I sure felt it.