DBSTalk Forum banner

Tailgater Question

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ionamartin123 
#1 ·
I bought a Tailgater and Dish VP-211 receiver for my rv. Only after setting it up did I learn that it can't get international programming. (Impossible to get that info before purchase!) Is it satellite 118 on Dish Network?

Why can't I get the satellite? Is there a workaround?

Thanks.

#3 ·
VDP07 said:
Unfortunatly not with the Tailgater. International channels are carried on the 129w satellite. It is a different type of signal that the Tailgater is incapable of receiving.
Actually the international channels are carried on 118.7 and the tailgater isn't set up to receive it. If they were on 129 he'd be all set. The only way to get International channels for an RV is to buy a 1000+ or 500+ dish and point manually it each time he stops.

#4 ·
tsmacro said:
Actually the international channels are carried on 118.7 and the tailgater isn't set up to receive it. If they were on 129 he'd be all set. The only way to get International channels for an RV is to buy a 1000+ or 500+ dish and point manually it each time he stops.
Doh! I had a brain poot. 118.7 is the FSS birdie I was thinking of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.