1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Take The Money And Run

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Scott Kocourek, Aug 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Aug 4, 2011 #1 of 45
    Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    This is the best new game show I have seen in a long time. Amazing you can break someone in less than 48 hours.

2. Aug 4, 2011 #2 of 45
    sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    It's soooooooo staged. It's way too easy to hide money and just lie for 2 days. The goofy brother was a bad actor.

http://blog.jbfilms.com/?p=795

Some rules:

Teams must use the vehicle.
    They can park it and walk somewhere.
    They can use pay phones.
    Detectives get GPS information tracking the vehicle, cell phone records.
    The briefcase must be hidden somewhere accessible 24 hours a day.
    Anyone the contestants use to hide the money must be accessible by detectives.
    All questions must be answered, but both sides are expected to lie and do their best to deceive the other.

We're to believe a person who is under no physical harm can't lie for 48 hrs?

3. Aug 6, 2011 #3 of 45
    Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    This was not what I expected. It was pretty lame, but I'll give it another shot.

4. Aug 6, 2011 #4 of 45
    spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Didn't really care for it that much.

Can't believe that brother cracked and just told them where it was.

He couldn't have held out for 12 or so more hours for $100,000???

5. Aug 6, 2011 #5 of 45
    fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Was thinking the same thing!

Are the two interrogators part of the Detective team and entitled to an equal share or are they brought in by the producers? If it weren't for those two - the SFPD detectives would still be wandering the city.

6. Aug 6, 2011 #6 of 45
    hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Mrs HDTVFAN demanded it to be a Series Link - obviously a new fan too. ;)

7. Aug 7, 2011 #7 of 45
    Brandon Wedgeworth

Brandon Wedgeworth Administrator Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 6, 2007
    Alabaster, AL
    I missed it when it first came on the other night, but just watched it online. I absolutely LOVE the concept, but the execution just seems like it needs a little tweaking. The opening where they get the briefcase was way too cheesy, and if you read the rules online, there's a lot they don't tell you on the show.

8. Aug 7, 2011 #8 of 45
    barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    I gave it a "meh".

9. Aug 7, 2011 #9 of 45
    Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    The interrogators are part of the show. The scenes for episode 2 showed them interrogating new "criminals" in a new city (LA I think) and new detectives. I agree the SF detectives would not have found it without the interrogators. I think I could have found it if I had interrogators telling me everything. Maybe the next "criminals" will be better and make for a better episode than those 2 brothers.

10. pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009
    New SL for me.

They definitely didn't explain the rules well on the show (even with the explanation online I still have lots of questions).

At first I though it would be simple for the "criminals" but an hour really isn't much time at all I'd be willing to bet that being locked up and interrogated for 2 days could be very difficult for someone who has never had a run in with the law.

11. fluffybear

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    That's part of my complaint about this show. The criminals only get 1 hour to hide the case but the detectives get 48 hours plus the assistance of trained interrogators, GPS data, phone records, etc.. Just doesn't seem fair to me.

One change I would not mind seeing is to give the criminals additional time (even as little as 15 minutes) in which GPS data and phone records are not being tracked. It would be great to see if these detectives could find something other than the nearest Krispy Kreme.

12. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    i thought it was Ok I got on Series Link

13. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    They have plenty of time.

That money should have never been found. Drive around town for an hour, find one spot during the drive to bury it behind some bushes and then shut up for 2 days.

Simple.

14. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    It reminded me of a show I saw a few years ago. I think it was on FOX and there was a group of people that were all stuck together underground in a house until they could agree on which 1 person was going to walk away with 1 million dollars. Every second that passed by the money depleted and there was ways that people left the show as well. It was really interesting same as this show. I really liked the first episode of this show.

15. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Yeah, I didnt think they would of found the money if he hadnt spilled the beans. I thought the Detectives were way to cocky about it after the fact as well. They did a terrible job. The ones that stayed back and talked to the inmates were the ones that did all the work. The ones in the street made me laugh. They believed each person they talked to. I was like geeze it only takes one of them to lie and they would of been way off on the trail. They were never close until they got the call with where it was presumed to be.

16. fluffybear

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    According to the rules, you can not just shut up for 2 days. You have to answer all questions.
    Problem here is people are expected to lie and for many it is hard to keep their story straight time after time. I just think giving the criminals a couple of extra minutes (off the radar) would level the playing field.

17. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007

Exactly, that brother cracking in the first show was so fake. I have no desire to watch it again. I guess it is all staged. Just like almost every other "reality" show today.

18. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    You don't need to keep the story straight; you could answer no to every question.

With $100,000 on the line, I don't buy it that a person cracks to interrogation & 48 hours confinement knowing full well they can't physically harm you.

19. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I understand answering the questions but who cares if you say something different each time to the same question. I had a big issue with the smarter brother telling them that they had not ditched the briefcase before they had to turn around in their route. That was the truth and cut the amount of space the detectives had to cover in half. I thought that was a major mistake.

20. fluffybear

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    My interpretation of the rules is that you have to actually answer the questions and not just use single syllable words for the 48 hours. ;)

I don't believe either that the person cracked so easily knowing full well that this whole things was a just a game show. However, I will also add that he came across has not being the sharpest tack in the box.