1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking receiver to second house...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by keithw1975, Dec 16, 2011.

1. keithw1975

keithw1975 Legend

Oct 1, 2006
    Missouri
    I have active direcTV accounts at two houses. One is in my name and the other is in my wife's name. I took one of the receivers from my account and moved it to our house that has her account. Is this violating any DirecTV rules? We are in the process of buying a new house and dumping one account but for now this is how we are setup.

2. Combat Medic

Combat Medic Legend

Jul 27, 2007
    The rule is one address per account.

3. Garyunc

Garyunc Godfather

Oct 7, 2006
    I believe he did say that he had 2 Direct TV accounts.

4. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    While technically, that's against TOS, the only way that you're going be penalized for it is if you go around flagging down Field Supervisors screaming "Look what I'm getting away with"!
    That said if it were truly someone else's reciever, it'd be account stacking. Which is a nono.

5. skatingrocker17

skatingrocker17 Godfather

Jun 23, 2010
    Wouldn't the receiver you moved technically still be on the account that's in YOUR name at the other address?

I would say that violates the TOS but personally I really wouldn't worry about it. Your situation seems like somewhat of a grey area but I think it's still in violation of the TOS.

6. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    It's against the ToS and if there are DMA changes it's violating Federal regulations as well.

7. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    When you cancel one of your accounts all the receivers associated with that account will be deactivated and you will have to return those receivers (if they are leased receivers and considered "current").