TBS-HD

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by crepehanger, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crepehanger

crepehanger New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Does anybody have problems with signal loss on TBS HD? I am having problems on a consistent basis. However, all other channels--including all others on Sat 129--are coming in fine. I'm at a loss to understand this.

2. kal915

kal915 Icon

May 7, 2008
    If it's during Brave's games, then its supposed to block it out, since the game is shown on FOX Sports South or Sports South.

3. Presence

Presence Godfather

Mar 14, 2004
    Yes, I do quite often. It has to do with low signal levels from 129, and my dish is pointed as good as it can get.

4. crepehanger

crepehanger New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Wonder why E* has it at a low level?

5. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    The 129 satellite is old and broken, and the signal is weak for everyone. A replacement is scheduled to launch early next year.

6. OrangeandBlue33

OrangeandBlue33 Mentor

Dec 15, 2003
    Will it be in the same position with just more signal strength?

7. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Yes, absolutely. Assuming all goes well, signal strength will be higher and the 4 transponders that don't work on the current satellite will become available for use. The footprint should also be better, as the current sat wasn't designed to be at 129 (it was moved there years after going into service), and its footprint isn't optimized for its location.

8. Taco Lover

Taco Lover Icon

Jan 8, 2007
    I had major problems dropping signal on 129 until a tech that actually understood the problem cam and repointed my dish to get better signal on all 3 sats.

9. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Programming on satellite 129 is also on satellite 61.5. You'll get a much stronger signal by having a dish pointed there. If you only have one dish presently, it will require a wing dish, but you'll be better off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.