Tech Support Has Gone To The Dogs

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by adamson, Jul 11, 2016.

1. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Tonight is the 3rd time having to call them since the merge. The people who answer have not a clue of anything. Also please can anybody confirm changes to the policy about a password protected account. The rep stated she does not have to ask if changes are not being made. I always have been asked for it right off the bat. It seems as if everyone from Directv is gone.

I know how some here could care a less about me or my problem. Just please would someone confirm the password thing.

When will we have our C41W's fixed? Since the last update in March all has not been well, known issue to engineering. We are now going into August. This is nutz!

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    First I've never had to tell a password if I call from my phone that's on my account and I'm not making changes. Heck I'm Not sure I've ever had to give a password now that I think about it.

Second have you merged your account with an art account?

And what c41w issues? I haven't had any and haven't read about them either lately.

3. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Some have password protected accounts as I do. The C41W has similar issues to the C61. Pixelating stutter which started in March, after firmware update. Known issue to engineering. I always check here to see if others post something on this and nothing. Also get guide freeze or delay shifting in the guide.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Honestly, I'm not sure how many have the C41W.

5. Yakuman

Yakuman New Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Polvos...
    AT&T unloaded a lot of DirecTV's customer service reps over the several months. There is a new focus on converting regular DTV customers to bundling with AT&T phone and Internet.

I assume they also changed to AT&T privacy policies, which may involve how they handle passwords.

2 people like this.
  6. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    Where did you see they laid off workers?

7. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Houston, TX
    They have obviously done something. Tech support is now clueless, knows nothing.

8. scoles15

scoles15 Official Certified Lurker

Jun 5, 2009
    You can say that again. They said I have a line of sight problem. OK, may be. But they never even put a signal strength meter on the input to swim or any other part of the distribution. When I asked about moving the dish, he said he could tell by looking around that there wouldn't be a clear spot. He didn't even look at the back yard.

He then made a comment to the effect that a note would be put in my file that I didn't have a line of site and that would cause DTV not to deal with any reception problems. I called support and explained what had happened and requested another tech be sent out to seriously look at alternate placements and make sure I didn't have another issue that would degrade performance. I was promised i get a call back from a supervisor. Never Happened :bang The I called twice more. Same Thing.

So after consultation with my loml, I called TWC. The system is installed and I am reasonably happy. Then I called Directv to cancel. Then suddenly they wanted to come out see what could be done.!rolling

Anyway, my gut says that the support has gone the way of ATT. That's why I have had verizon for cell for many years .

1 person likes this.
  9. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    the same way an experience plumber can tell a leaky pipe by looking, an experience tech can tell LOS issue just by looking.!bang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. scoles15

scoles15 Official Certified Lurker

Jun 5, 2009
    BS

1 person likes this.
  11. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    sorry, but thats how it is. Believe it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    I think this title of the thread is an insult to dogs

13. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I am not a fan of AT&T. I used to have their land-line, internet and wireless phones. Then a had a number of interactions with their "customer service". Got rid of all three as soon as I could get a replacement.

And DIRECTV's customer service has always been hit or miss when you call in.

But I remember a post you made recently stating you were disconnecting your internet from your DVRs because AT&T started to inject ads into the system. But the fact is DIRECTV has been injecting ads for years. So this was not something AT&T started, yet they were being blamed for this. So 'clueless' is a two-way street.

1 person likes this.
  14. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    That's untrue if you don't even walk around the area. Sorry if you think it is but you are mistaken on that one.

15. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    Sorry but I can't blame that on att. Here's why. That has happened all along with some DIRECTV installers from day one. It's not something new. It's unfortunate and some installers are lazy. I just blame bad installers for that one.

16. CraigerM

CraigerM Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    Tech support was ok for me. Call them up saying a 776 error message was popping up and they set the time came out and replaced the SWM 16 and the error message went away.

17. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    I don't believe it. An experienced tech MAY have a general idea, but without doing an actual site survey, you don't really know. What you do have is a lazy tech.

1 person likes this.
  18. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    You can stand in the front yard and see trees in the back and know that the satellite will not pick up in the back.

19. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    you and I know cuz, clueless ppl don't. Reality check!

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

20. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    Sometimes. Not always...

1 person likes this.