Telemundo guide data

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ejbvt, Jan 7, 2019.

1. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    Where did the guide data for WNEU in the Boston market go? Do others see guide data on their local Telemundo if you have one? The SD national feeds on 406/407 have guide data.

2. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Still have guide info. here in the L.A. market on the local HD Telemundo outlet KVEA 52

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

3. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    A few posts about similar problems on other stations. Looks like WNEU changed channels and someone at the station forgot to tell the company that puts the guide data together.

4. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    When did WNEU change anything?

5. texasbrit

Aug 9, 2006
    As part of NBCs changes in the way they use their stations (a very complex plan) WNEU was planned to move from digital 32 to digital 29.It would still be on virtual channel 60 so you would not notice, but the guide data would need to be redirected. I suspect this has not happened, but since I am not in Boston I can't confirm this is the reason for your loss of data. But it has happened recently (not with Telemundo) in other markets

6. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    WNEU is near Manchester, NH. They are also moving their transmitter to be with many of the Boston stations west of Boston at some point. They are changing RF channels. One would assume that would all happen at once, but I don't know. Either way, it hasn't happened yet. WBTS is a LP in Boston that repeats all of the WNEU signals, but with NBC as -1 and that is the NBC we have on Directv. After WNEU moves to Boston, WBTS is going to the Providence market. Who knows what will happen then. But as of now, 60-1 is still the same WNEU Telemundo that it always has been, 60-2 is NBC and WBTS is 8-1 NBC (but we have it on ch 10) and 8-2 Telemundo. Maybe Directv is getting WNEU from WBTS now and never updated it. There is also WYCN-CD that relays only the NBC and Cozi from the WNEU/WBTS group. Due to channel sharing, WYCN is the easiest NBC to get market-wide OTA. Who would I contact? There's no way a CSR would understand, care, or do anything about it.

7. texasbrit

Aug 9, 2006
    you could try the station engineer.
    you are right, there is no way anyone at directv would know about this

8. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    Somebody called somebody... it is fixed now.