1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Television On Demand - How does it work for major networks?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by bethkearly, Nov 14, 2011.

1. bethkearly

bethkearly New Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm thinking of switching to Dish from Cable, and use Video on Demand to watch shows I am unable to DVR from NBC/ABC/CBS.

Can someone help answer my questions below?

1) From my understanding, you have to be connected to the internet to access on demand television. Where does (if they do) Dish access television shows? Is it from their website or sites like HULU or network websites?

2) If Dish has network shows via the satellite box (and internet), what are the major networks that have shows on demand?

3) Are the shows available to view the latest ones? The way cable works, last nights show usually appears on the on demand channel. Does it work the same way for Dish?

2. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    Dish is a few years behind in technology, or just plain behind in general. From what I can tell, through a PC, "On-demand" works similar to cable (but is called "Dish On-line"). You can pull recent shows on many channels you subscribe to. HBO Go if you subscribe to HBO.

But through your cable box, it sucks (called "On-Demand"). It seems only older shows and movies are available. I don't have an "internet" TV, so not sure if you can pull up "On-line" through that method.

You can pull up anything live on an android phone or PC and view anything you have recorded (if you have a sling adapter).