Temporary Loss of Recorded Shows

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Howard Eldridge, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Howard Eldridge

Howard Eldridge New Member

Jan 8, 2019
    I am new so I am not sure how to get started so here is my best attempt

I have had Directv for over 20 years. Since ATT got involved things have been on a down hill roll. The latest issue is a strange one.
    I record 2 programs every night for viewing later that night. Maybe 1 out of 20 days those programs do not show up on the DVR list when I go to view them. They do however show on the Ginie list and can be viewed when I originally intended. The strange thing is they will both appear on the DVR list the next night along with the recordings for that day.

I have called dozens of times and written Mr. Stephenson, President of ATT several times on this problem. The response to date has been from the Office of the President that the problem would be fixed by the end of the year. 3 months out from that commitment. The year end has come and no fix.

If you are have a similar problem I may have found the right place to post this discussion and would be willing to share any further responses.

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    The next National Release (NR) is rolling out now. When you get it that problem MIGHT be fixed. Have patience.

Rich

3. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    In the meantime, when recordings that should appear don't, a restart of your Genie should "correct" the problem (temporarily).

4. Howard Eldridge

Howard Eldridge New Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Do I have the nomenclature correct? I consider the DVR as the parent unit and the Genie as the slave unit. The problem is on the DVR. Does your comment still apply?

5. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    The Genie is the Parent DVR everything else is a client