1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temporary Move

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by pendetim, Sep 12, 2011.

  1. pendetim

    pendetim Cool Member

    Dec 2, 2009
    Does DirecTV do temporary moves for a 3 week duration?

    I want to move my DirecTV setup to a different place for a few weeks then back to my permanent home after 3 weeks. There is a DirecTV dish on the roof already.

    Since I suspect the setup on the roof in the temporary location may be out of alignment I want to do this properly so I can get help if needed.

  2. trainman

    trainman Hall Of Fame

    Jan 9, 2008
    As far as I know, they don't have an official program to cover temporary moves.

    But assuming nothing's going to happen to the dish and wiring at your permanent location while you're away, you should be able to do this:

    1. Take advantage of the Mover's Connection service for your move to the temporary location, which would give you a free installer visit at that location (including realigning or even replacing the existing dish) -- you'll probably also get some discount or free programming, depending on what they offer you or what you can negotiate when you call in.

    2. When you go back to your permanent location, just call DirecTV to change your service address back.

    Note that you'd be responsible for moving your receiver(s) back and forth, and then hooking them back up at your permanent location. (You'll also add or extend a commitment to your account by using Mover's Connection.)
  3. pendetim

    pendetim Cool Member

    Dec 2, 2009
    Thanks for the prompt reply.
    I used the "movers connection" to move from my future 'temporary' place to where I am now. I believe they charged me $50.00 or so for the new move since I was a customer for less than a year. Now I am planning to go back to the place I moved from last December for a few weeks.

    Could I just do a service address change for the 3 week temporary move? and then call them and pay for a service call or use the protection plan, if I sign up for it, to fix anything?

  4. jamieh1

    jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

    May 1, 2003
    Just call and tell them you need to change the service address. Tell them you dont want to change billing address. Then in 3 weeks call back and change back.

    You dont have to tell them you gonna move for a short time.

Share This Page