1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terra Nova Season Finale 12/19/2011

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Drew2k, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    So that just happened!

Season 1 is over ... will there be a Seaon 2?

Do you want a Season 2?

2. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    The finale was good, but they didn't explain how Skye became part of the plot to swap cargo carriers. I guess she had a communicator but they skipped over it.

I really liked the first season and hope there's a second.

If it does come back, boy are Mira and [strike]Josh[/strike] Lucas going to be looking to settle some scores with Taylor... :)

3. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Terra Nova definitely improved as the season progress.

Hope they don't leave us hanging.

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Despite some of the family melodrama which I would expect on some Disney/ABC show, I like the show.

Where they've left it has a lot of story potential and given the situation the sweet family melodrama might be far less in future seasons as everyone gears down for survival in a story situation much more akin to "Lost" and I'm totally confused about the whole time line issue here.

Also I think we have a wild card with the Mira character - is she really going to hang out with those other guys when there's no incentive for her?

5. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Yeah, the Badlands is a new mystery. How does someone from 2149 know that these artifacts exist in the Badlands, when the folks who live on Terra Nova have no idea there is anything there?

And how does a ship's prow from the 19th century end up in the Cretaceous era?

They did say that they are on a different Earth, so perhaps that will play into it...

6. gpg

gpg Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    Seems to me the artifact indicates there must have been another "fracture" in the time continuum in the 19th century. My guess is there's a portal out in the badlands that can be used to get back to the future.

7. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Aw crap. I missed the last several minutes of recording. Seems like I missed quite a bit. I'll have to look online for it.

8. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    That would be my guess too.

9. John Strk

John Strk Legend

Oct 16, 2009
    I thought it was great!!! Best episodes so far. I hope there is a Season 2. Fox better do the right thing and renew it!

10. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    TVline.com is reporting a ratings uptick for the finale, so that's good news.

However, they also said in their article about the finale that the artifact was from the 18th century, when I recall hearing Malcolm say it was from the mid-eighteen-hundreds, which would make it a 19th century artifact. So either my hearing and memory are off or TVline.com doesn't know how to name centuries!

11. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Let me quote myself:

The big question for Fox is whether to try the show on another night - perhaps, Friday as it has with other scifi shows which as a genre doesn't work too well particularly on a network that cannot maintain a consistent schedule. Or maybe they'll settle for ratings like this as it seems to be about the best they can do except for sports and game shows.

12. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I liked it and thought it was a good ending. Hopefully, it will be around for another season.

- Merg

13. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    I think the cost of this show is going to be a major factor in the decision.
    This was one of the most expensive shows launched this fall, along with Pan Am.
    Does Fox really want to continue to invest in a show with mid-level ratings?

Then again, Fox's schedule is starting to look mighty old and creaky...

14. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    I really enjoyed this show. Much more than I thought I would. The finale was great. I just wish they would have killed off that little twirp. I cheered when I thought he was dead.

At first I thought they did a "Planet of the Apes" on us. Terra Nova is actually in the future rather than in the past.

I hope the show is renewed. Would like to see where they take it.

15. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    High cost is what caused Eureka to be canceled, not lack of quality. Terra Nova might suffer the same fate. I hope not.

16. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    FOX has deferred it's decision to renew Terra Nova until next month or later keeping everyone in suspense. I too like the show and would like to see it renewed.

17. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I thought the same thing. That they were actually in the future and not the past. That would also explain why the probe that was first sent through was never found in the present as it was really sent to the future.

- Merg

18. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    The moon being closer to the Earth would be contradictory to that plot line, however.

19. HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY Legend

Apr 11, 2007
    north east pa
    i hope that they have a season 2

20. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    Haven't watched it yet but I guess I can just delete it since it's all here. :bonk1: