1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test scores are in: Northeast still has dumbest drivers

Discussion in 'The OT' started by tommccann, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommccann

tommccann Legend

Mar 23, 2002
  2. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    To take the test that the scores were based on, go to this link.

http://www.gmacinsurance.com/SafeDriving/2006/drivertest.asp

I got a 90% on the test, which surprised me. I thought I had them all right, and there were few that I even had doubts on. Unfortunately they don't give you any feedback on what you missed.

3. AcuraCL

AcuraCL Godfather

Dec 12, 2005
    Oooo, that was fun. I got 95%. Frankly though, I thought some of the questions seemed to have multiple correct answers.

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    The test appears to be closed now.

5. ntexasdude

ntexasdude Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2005
    I took it earlier today. I only scored a 1.4%

6. olgeezer

olgeezer Guest

Dec 5, 2003
    Has to do with the speed limit, if not posted. A Texican's answer would be-- 143 miles per hour.:D That wouldn't help you on a national test score.

7. ntexasdude

ntexasdude Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2005
    Trust me, there is zero "can" in MY blood.

8. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It doesn't help that they have at least two of the answers wrong (and have moved the test due to heavy use).
    15. The following sign indicates: (Select one)
    [​IMG]
    Their Answer: c. Less space between lanes ahead
    Real Answer: a. The right lane will end ahead
    (The image name is MERGE!)

16. This sign means that you should not pass: (Select one)
    [​IMG]
    Their Answer: c. Until after pass the sign
    Real Answer: a. Other vehicles for any reason
    (The grammar is as they have posted.)​
    Me thinks the test author might not pass the test. :)

JL
    License Expires in 2012

9. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    As a public service, and in the interest of the safety of Americans everywhere, I
    recently forwarded the "My Bad Luck Driving" thread in the Watercooler Forum
    to GMAC. After expressing their shock and horror, GMAC has agreed to briefly
    reopen their National Drivers Test just for Mr. Fun to take, but only with the con-
    dition that if he fails the test, in the future he will take a cab.

You can thank me later.

:rolleyes:

10. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    BTW: It has been about 10-15 years since I regularly saw a "pass with care" sign. It seems like in this area they decided to save money by not posting two of the three former "no passing zone" signs.

Once upon a time a no passing zone started with the DO NOT PASS black and white sign on the right side of the road and a large yellow triangle NO PASSING ZONE sign on the left side of the road (arranged like an arrow to point you back into your lane).
    [​IMG]
    Then at the end of the zone the PASS WITH CARE sign was on the right side of the road.

Now on most of the roads I travel both of the white signs are gone and drivers have only the NO PASSING ZONE sign on the left hand side. In many cases the post where the PASS WITH CARE sign once hung is still there - replaced by a single white reflective dot. There are places where only the white DO NOT PASS sign exists (off the main roads in my experience). I've only seen a couple of forgotten PASS WITH CARE signs - they looked like they were 20-30 years old.

Obviously sign usage varies across the country - so this may not be what your state has done. (Federal standards seem to have changed to the single sign - states may do more.) It doesn't change the answer to the survey to "don't pass until after the sign" since being after the sign would likely place you in the WORST place to be passing.

A better question would be if you are allowed to BE passing in a no passing zone. It seems that drivers vary on whether that sign means "do not begin to pass" or "don't be passing here". But I digress.

11. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Those would be two of the questions I got "wrong".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.