1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Text Ghosting

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Link, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004
    I notice that on our locals from St. Louis, there is a ghosting of the letters anytime they show text on TV like on the news or ending credits on a show etc. I see it the most on CBS and ABC.

I don't notice it on actual people or images but just on text. Anyone else noticed this????

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    No, it is just you. Sell all of your posessions and send the proceeds to E* so they can add more shopping channels then wait for further instructions.

JL

3. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Not being in St. Louis I don't see it. Even if I was there I probably would only watch KPLR for the Cardinals. :)

4. SSW_Exposure

SSW_Exposure AllStar

Jan 27, 2004
    Does this happen on all TVs, and RCVRs ?

5. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004

Yes it does. I just have noticed it on KMOV (CBS) and KDNL (ABC). Its not that big of a deal but it is def noticable at times. All my receivers are DVRs, don't know if that makes a difference.

6. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    Okay, so I'm getting long of tooth, but I've never noticed a problem like this with our Seattle channels. I've got a 61" TV to compensate for my declining vision!!

7. homeskillet

homeskillet Icon

Feb 3, 2004
    They are probably getting your local channels via an OTA antenna. Sometimes in cities the signal can bounce off of tall buildings and objects and create a ghosting image. DISH and your reciever is supposed to have a "echo canceller" kind of thing to help prevent it. But that is most likely what is happening for you. I used to get the same thing when I lived in Kansas City and used an OTA antenna for locals.

8. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004
    I'd never give E* any proceeds!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.