Thank you and Good job!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - SWMLine Discussion (private)' started by Tom Robertson, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Gang,

You all did an excellent job, thank you!

Now that the unit is confirmed shipping and installing you can freely talk about the SWMline, call CSRs if you have problems (or you still can contact us too), help people as always, and post in your signatures and setups.

Please do not discuss the proprietary aspects of the Field trials: how they worked, that there was a software upgrade needed, what equipment you received as door prizes. The agreement to participate included a Non-Disclosure Agreement.

In my "Winter Vacation" to Disneyland and Geek Disneyland (DIRECTV) as well as at CES, the team from DIRECTV regularly bring up how helpful the CE program is. That is entirely because of you and your help. From them, I pass along a big:Thank You! very much.

Cheers,
    Tom

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Don't expect the DirecTV CSRs have a clue about this.
    "I know" first hand that a SWM is something "they're heard of", but nothing about the SWMline [even at the supervisor level].

3. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    I really appreciate the opportunity. It works so well there was not a lot to do, and I has a high WAF getting all the extra wires off the house!

4. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    Hey Tom I beleive this is a symbiotic relationship that both sides benifits from one another. So, I thank you and all the moderators, DirecTV, field testers, and Earl whom is a fantastic guy with tons of character towards initiating this relationship.

BTW, nice choice in colors on the thank you... :D

Yes, this is correct, CSR had no idea when I called about the PI-28 failure I had. In fact they wanted to send someone out for $79.95 plus parts. I was hoping that I would avoid a service call. The CSR looked into getting the part shipped direct without, but she was unable to comply. I will be whining to Tom shortly, based on his post above. ;)

5. MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Thanks again for letting US test this piece of equipment. It was fun and educational too. This was my second field test and the experience was a pleasure. Thanks again,

Miami & Red

6. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Your Welcome....

But...THANK YOU...Field tests are alot of fun and I appreciate the opportunity to participate. :D

Mike

7. Mike__P

Mike__P Legend

Aug 21, 2007
    Thank you for including me so i could participatee in my first field test. I really enjoyed it.

8. spoonman

spoonman Icon

Feb 21, 2007
    Thank you!

9. jwd45244

jwd45244 Hall Of Fame

Aug 18, 2006
    I, too, would like to thank DirecTV and the Mods for allowing me the opportunity to participate. Hopefully I made a contribution.

10. j2fast

j2fast Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
    I also really appreciate the opportunity to participate in my first field trial; big thanks all around to the Mods and DirecTV. I didn't come in until the second round so I feel like I got more out of the deal that DirecTV did (less wires after all ;) ). Maybe next time (if there's one) I can put something through its paces that I can break..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. azarby

azarby Hall Of Fame

Dec 15, 2006
    Thank you DTV for the opportunity to particpate in the field trials. I guess it's safe to update the profiles.

Bob

12. benjaminmarle

benjaminmarle Legend

Jun 7, 2002
    I just want to thank dbstalk and D* for ginving me the opertunity to test this unit!

13. lmuehl

lmuehl Legend

Dec 18, 2007
    Thank you D* and DBSTalk , I appreciate the opportunity to participate in the field trials it was fun and educational for me.

14. SAlBO

SAlBO Icon

Jan 6, 2007
    I really enjoy testing this stuff and appreciate the opportunity to do so. I know I am not as technical as some of the guys here but I do set it up and run it hard to get what info I can to sharre with the group......I look forward to the next ideal up for testing and hope I am given the privilege to help out again..... Thanks so much...

15. jmschnur

jmschnur Icon

Aug 30, 2006
    It was nice to have the opportunity to play.

16. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Tom, thank you for recognizing us and a thank you to you, other mods for supporting us. And to DIRECTV for selecting us and to EARL who got this going back in January.

17. Coffey77

Coffey77 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Nov 12, 2006
    It was an awesome experience and very exciting to be a part of. I had almost wished something major would have gone on for me - just so I'd have something cool to report. My silence was majorly a tribute to DIRECTV and the quality product they've come up with!! A GREAT product for installers and also a great benefit for customers!

Well done everyone!! :up:

Thank you once again and always - Thank you for letting me participate in these projects. I really appreciate it!

18. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    You bet. This was the most "boring" (in the best sense) of the trials I've been involved with. I already had a Slimline, so it was a simple matter to just replace the LNB assembly. No muss, no fuss, no problems.

I'll also echo my thanks to DirecTV, the mods here, and the rest of you folks.

19. johnck78

johnck78 Godfather

Feb 18, 2007
    Exactlly! Pretty uneventful! Thanks for the opportunity though! Makes my life so much easier now!!!

20. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Let me add my voice to my fellow moderators and friends...

Sincerest thanks for an excellent field trial!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.