1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That crazy United Nations

Discussion in 'The OT' started by missileman, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 3, 2006 #1 of 14
    missileman

missileman Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 28, 2004
    "The UN Human Rights Commission said recently that it regarded force-feeding at Guantanamo as a form of torture, a charge the US firmly has repeatedly denied. "

Torture?

2. Mar 3, 2006 #2 of 14
    Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I don't know that we are guilty of this---and I would not assume that we are. But the type of foce feeding being alleged is a recognized torture technique. Here is an excerpt from one article on the matter

"The new procedures were instituted in early January. They include strapping detainees to a chair, forcing a tube down their throats, feeding them large quantities of liquid nutrients and water, and leaving them in the chair for as long as two hours to keep them from purging the food, according to detainee accounts and military officials. Detainees told their attorneys that the tactics, first reported last month in the New York Times, caused them to urinate and defecate on themselves and that the insertion and removal of the feeding tube was painful."

Again I am not saying that it did or did not occur. But this is not like getting your children to eat their vegetables.

here is another link discussing the torture in another setting. However this one is even worse than the current allegations against the U.S. http://www.faluninfo.net/displayAnArticle.asp?ID=6837

3. Mar 3, 2006 #3 of 14
    pjmrt

pjmrt Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2003
    I wouldn't suppose this to be pleasant - but hardly torture given the alternative. Perhaps the UN would like to give official permission, and send one representative to fire one bullet each into their foreheads as starving them to death would seem to be torture as well.

4. Mar 3, 2006 #4 of 14
    billpa

billpa Icon

Jul 11, 2003
    Are you serious?

""strapping detainees to a chair, forcing a tube down their throats, feeding them large quantities of liquid nutrients and water, and leaving them in the chair for as long as two hours ""

If there was video of some of our soldiers having this done to them we'd all be plenty pissed and rightfully so...We can't treat people like this. It's just wrong.
    Jesus wouldn't.

5. Mar 3, 2006 #5 of 14
    Redster

Redster Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 14, 2004
    I seem to remember that one of the torture tricks that the Emporer Caligula used was to tie off a guys privates so he couldnt pee,, then force large quantities of wine down their throat. After they started to squirm around because they had to go,, the Emporer would take a knife and slice open the stomach. Now that is how it is properly done.

6. Mar 3, 2006 #6 of 14
    Dang The Hung

Dang The Hung Godfather

May 8, 2005
    And if we let them starve because they refused to eat, would that be torture too?:rolleyes:

7. Mar 3, 2006 #7 of 14
    DonLandis

DonLandis Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    I kind of like the idea of choice. Let them starve to death or eat the Rib eye steaks, potatos, and vegies, ice cream and other forms of middle eastern food torture. If they die of starvation, it will cost us less and one more terrorist not to worry about. They're only alive because they screwed up a suicide bombing anyway. :)

8. Mar 3, 2006 #8 of 14
    billpa

billpa Icon

Jul 11, 2003
    I wouldn't think so.

9. Mar 4, 2006 #9 of 14
    Dang The Hung

Dang The Hung Godfather

May 8, 2005
    HAHAHA :lol:

If there is gonna be allegations of torture, atleast take Redster's advice and do it right.

The could use an ancient chinese method - tie the guy down to a chair butt naked then lay a pair of chop sticks down in front of him. Give him one last opprotunity to cooperate and then if he doesn't, take the chop sticks and flick him in balls with'em. That'll get'em talking real fast.:eek2:

10. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    Oh yeah? Got some proof of that?

That's right! I forgot. To even charge them with what we THINK they MIGHT be guilty of threatens our national security. In fact, even releasing their names endangers us!:eek:

The situation seems to have boiled down to one of two things. Either the Bush administration is being typically stubborn and arrogant by showing the world we CAN hold the "detainees" indefinately without charge or trial because we ARE the US. Or to release them now would be excruciatingly embarrassing if a large number, perhaps even the majority, cannot be charged with anything, let alone convicted. Or, a combination of the two.

11. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    If a prisoner -- any prisoner -- chooses not to eat, that is his choice. Do not force him to eat, whatever the rationale.

It's his choice, one of the few he has. Let him live or die from the consequences.

12. missileman

missileman Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 28, 2004
    Who is "we"? and are you Jesus?

13. billpa

billpa Icon

Jul 11, 2003
    "We" are Americans and no, I am NOT the Lord Jesus Christ.

14. Fifty Caliber

Fifty Caliber Banned User

Jan 4, 2006
    I have to agree with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.