1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 10 Shows That Deserve to Return Next Fall (But Might Not)

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Steve Mehs, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    From Yahoo

I was just about to post that it looks like Dollhouse won't make it as per some TV.com rumbelings, opened up IE and this was the featured story on Yahoo.

If they want to count shows that never even aired, add The Oaks to that list. From last years upfronts, that show sounded pretty damn good, but Fox canned it before it even aired. after it was given the green light.

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Of those 10:

Life & Fringe : Really like them.

Better Off Ted/Kings/Dollhouse/Southland/The Unusuals : Have them all as a SL, but haven't watched any of them yet, so can't really comment. If they get canceled, I have a few shows to delete.

Chuck/Terminator: Gave up on both long ago.

Rock of Love/Celebrity Apprentice: No interest.

3. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Gave up on Chuck two or three episodes in the first season. Heard it got better, I didn't believe them...

The only two I'd really miss are Dollhouse and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I like them both quite a bit.

Never watched any of the others.

Cheers,
    Tom

4. rustynails

rustynails Godfather

Apr 24, 2008
    I love Chuck, Fringe and The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
    Dollhouse could have been much better. I won't miss it at all!

5. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    Never seen any of them.

6. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I put 'Celebrity Apprentice' on twice the season and was so impressed with it that I fell asleep during the show. I am not even sure who was sent packing.
    Personally, I won't miss it!!

7. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    I would especially miss Life, as it's one of my favorite shows. I'd miss The Sarah Conner Chronicles and Fringe too. I haven't watched most of the others, and those I have I wouldn't miss.

If only one can be saved, please don't cancel Life!!!

8. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    I would have a lot more space on my DVR if I would either get around to watching Chuck (I have all eps) or just delete it. Wife thinks I might like it, but she didn't.

Didn't see Castle on the list which is good as we really like that show.

9. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    I like both "Chuck" and "Better Off Ted" a lot...but I'm kind of numb to this whole experience after so many years of so many shows I've liked being canceled. So excuse me if I don't sign any online petitions, or mail things to the network executives.

10. solmakou

solmakou Legend

Mar 6, 2009
    as long as they don't cancel MASH or Andy Griffith my tv watching will not be effected! Everything else I watch on the series of tubes.

11. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    I'm not sure about the "Deserve to Return" label, as you could make a pretty good case to terminate most of them for one reason or another.

In the end, its typically about ratings...so we'll have to see what happens.

12. Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    I absolutely LOVE Better off Ted. I really hope it doesn't go away. Would like to see Terminator and Dollhouse stay around to, but really when does Fox actually give a show any chance.

13. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I watch 5 of the 10 shows within a day after recording them:

Chuck
    Fringe
    Better Off Ted
    Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
    Kings

I've recorded Southland and The Unusuals, but haven't watched yet. It seems many of the shows I like usually end up in the Nielsen basement, but I like to be stimulated and the networks are just starting to fade for me ...

14. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    I watch 4 of the top 6: Chuck, Life, Fringe, Terminator.

15. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I have never watched any of those 10 shows.

16. Dario33

Dario33 Godfather

Dec 15, 2008
    Would love to see Fringe, Dollhouse & Kings return (though doubtful on the latter two). I have yet to watch the premiers of Southland and The Unusuals.

17. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I watch Chuck, Fringe and Dollhouse. I wouldn't miss Fringe that much, and I'm getting to really like Dollhouse, but Chuck, that show rocks. I never even guessed it was on the bubble. It seems like it has a decent following, and it's always fresh. It will be a sad day at the Buy More if this is the last season for Chuck.

I gave up on Life after the first three episodes, it didn't hold my interest, Sarah Connor Chronicles was okay, but when Fox moved it from Sunday to Monday nights it conflicted with Big Bang Theory and Chuck, and I like both much better then Sarah Conner. Never cared to tune back in when they moved it to Friday. And Kings, the previews made the show look better then it is.

18. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    NBC's Ben Silverman love's Chuck. He might be able to make a case to keep it as what else are they going put on Monday. And since House is a co-production of Heel and Toe Films, Shore Z Productions, and Bad Hat Harry Productions in association with the NBC Universal Television Group for FOX, maybe they'll let him keep it as NBCU has a stream of cash coming in from two shows on Monday at 8pm.

19. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Fringe - Gave up on it ... too many monsters.
    Conners - Watch it, but starting to tire of Mom's depressing obsession with John.
    Dollhouse - Watch it. Starting to think Joss wrote himself into a dead-end.
    Apprentice - Wife watches it religiously. Cluttering up my archive disk, too.
    Chuck/Life/Rock/Kings/Better Off - Don't watch.
    Southland/Unusuals - I'd appreciate a chance to judge for myself, thankyouverymuch!

20. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    I have only watched Chuck and CA a couple times. Havent seen any others...