1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 622 Arrived today, why is my install scheduled for May 14!

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Nightmare, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightmare

Nightmare Legend

Nov 2, 2002
    I guess its better than the box arriving 2 weeks after my install date, but what the heck?

If its just a problem with the local crew, why not send the DISH1000 with the box? I can mount the new dish on the pole.

Do you think there is any chance that they will bump up my install date?

Will the VIP622 work if I connect it to the DISH500? I still have about 29 hours to clear off the old receiver.

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    The 622 works fine with a Dish500. You just won't receive the MPEG4 HD channels until you get the Dish1000 installed.

3. jdmart

jdmart AllStar

Jan 9, 2004
    Yes! My bother-in-law was scheduled for May 15th and moved it up to the 6th after receiving the 622.

4. jgatlin1

jgatlin1 New Member

Feb 14, 2006

Theres a good chance that the install is setback due to a shortage of dp44 switches.

5. acnownzu

acnownzu Cool Member

Mar 4, 2004
    I just got my 622 today and my install isn't schedule till May 24th!

So if I have a Dish 500 currently set up it should be pretty easy to install and set up, but I'll just have to wait till they come to install the Dish 1000 to receive Mpeg4 channels? Will they have any problem just activating it over the phone?

-Jeff

6. ShockerEngr

ShockerEngr New Member

Apr 18, 2006
    I got mine in yesterday, and got the install bumped up from the 10th to the 6th.

7. bshockley

bshockley New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Don't mean to hyjack this thread, but ShockerEngr. I assume you went to Wichita State...and probably work for an aerospace company now?

I got TWO 622s (though I only ordered one) and have an install date of May 13th. Not a big deal, since I am getting my master's degree and my last finals (ever!!!) are May 9th. So between now and then, I won't have a whole ton of time to watch TV anyway.

8. Chandu

Chandu Hall Of Fame

Oct 2, 2005
    I'm just wondering. Can various posters tell: How long from the time they first called for the upgrade till they received the 622? Thanks.

9. chadh

chadh Cool Member

Mar 9, 2006

About 5 Weeks. 4 Days before the scheduled install. Installer didn't bring the DPP44 so the install got pushed out another 4 weeks.

Chad

10. Gargy

Gargy Cool Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Called April 21st due to my 721 seemingly dying (all timers and recording gone, PVR functions not working, and constant lockups, but somehow miracously started working after the 179 upgrade). Anyway I opted to upgrade to the 622 and the tech scheduled me for May 21st. Was told to expect the 622 about 5-7 days prior to install. Told him 30 days without a receiver was a long time, so he offered to send a refurb'd 721 for free if I wanted to send the old one back. April 27th, I received both the refurb'd 721 and the new 622. That gave me a good laugh. I guess maybe I should call and see if I can get the install moved up.

11. Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill AllStar

Apr 5, 2006
    Mine took roughly a month from the time of the call until the time of install. I got the box with the 622 about a week after the call, however. What I found a bit interesting was trying to contact a local D* installer using the website (dealer finder). ALL of the numbers for my area had been disconnected!!! I guess D* doesn't bother to keep the dealer locater section current. I also tried using the phone book and when I actually got through to a local company, they put me on hold for a long time so I hung up and just waited for the initial installer to show up.

I hope your installer is a little more experienced than the kid who did mine. This guy was so young I wondered if he even had a drivers license. On top of that, he had only installed one 622 before and left with the unit waiting for the programming mode stuck on no progress. I had to sort out all of this with tech support. Sorry for getting off track, but I wish they could hire people that actually know what they're doing...

12. Nightmare

Nightmare Legend

Nov 2, 2002
    I called for the upgrade on about April 13 and they set my install for May 14.

The 622 arrived on April 27

I called the 888 number last night and they can not bump my appointment yet. The guy on the phone told me to call back again, he said that they are getting acught up on the installs and hiring new installers to install the 500 systems. This should free up the "good" installers for the 1000s.

I asked him if the 622 would work on the 500 and he said that it would ber 110 and 119 but that it may be a pain to get setup without the HD sat.

I guess I will call a couple more times and see how it goes. I still think that I can install the 1000 by myself.

13. ixian

ixian Cool Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Order two weeks ago, install scheduled for May 17th, 622 showed up yesterday. I called but they couldn't bump up.

14. bensinc

bensinc New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    I'm a new Dish customer and my install was scheduled for April 20th.

Just for fun, here comes a rambling, ranting impression of Dish from a new customer who hasn't even gotten service yet:

Of course, the DVR didn't arrive in time. They told me to call if it hadn't arrived a few days before the install date, so I called. Their system asked me to enter my phone number, which I did, and it promptly hung up on me. I tried a couple more times with no luck, so I hit the option for sales instead. Sales, of course, picked up right away. The person I talked to put me on hold, then hung up on me. I called back again and got a different person who told me the DVR was backordered and my install was now scheduled for May 20th, a month from the original date.

April 20th comes by, and at 8am the installer shows up. Dish hadn't bothered to tell them it was backordered.

So now on the 26th, the DVR arrives. I called and asked if my install could be done sooner. Dish seems to only employ people that I can't understand, and they take their calls from what sounds like a loud cocktail party. I'm not entirely sure what all she said, but my install was now delayed to May 22nd.

I waited a few hours and called back, this time I got someone who I could almost understand, and she scheduled my install for May 8th without any trouble.

I'm excited about getting my service installed, but I hope I don't have to talk to them ever again! I thought my local cable company was hard to deal with!

One lesson learned is that if you don't get the answer you want, just call back and you'll get a completely different one.

15. ShockerEngr

ShockerEngr New Member

Apr 18, 2006

yup recent EE grad from WSU, and working at Raytheon Aircraft

16. Chandu

Chandu Hall Of Fame

Oct 2, 2005
    Thanks for the responses everyone, whoever replied to my question.

It's posts like bensinc's that give me the heegeebeegees. I'm an aspiring new customer as well, but get anxiety attack at the thought of speking to clueless CSRs. I wonder if Charlie ever randomly picks up the phone and speak with his CSRs, just to check what his customers have to experience.

17. dishjim

dishjim AllStar

Oct 21, 2004
    They won't activate it without canceling install

18. Tobar

Tobar Mentor

May 1, 2005
    I called April 1st for the upgrade. Received the 622 one week later and the empty box 2 days later. Install was scheduled for the 26th. The installer swapped the 942 for the 622. I have two dish 500's at 110 129 and 61.5 with excellent reception. Pick up all channels including HD. (not true you have to have a 1000 to pick up HD). Everything went very smooth.

19. lujan

lujan Hall Of Fame

Feb 10, 2004
    I have had no problems picking up all of the HD channels with the 1000.

20. bmichura

bmichura New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    I recieved mine on April 27, the VP622 was order on March 24 as upgrade on SD 510 DVR. It was to be installed on April 13, but It is now to be install May 12. I thought about installing it on the Dish 500 system. Should there be a smart card in the box or do I use one of the old ones. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.