1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Amazing Race - Oh My G..... (12/30/07)

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by tsmacro, Dec 31, 2007.

1. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Ok out of respect to others who might've not watched this ep I didn't post the rest of the episode's title since it gives away what happened. Well I was so proud of the pinkies making for making up time after the speed-bump and then after pulling up to being second to last they made (well I should say Kynt made) two fatal errors, first deciding to try to U-turn a team they had no idea that was either ahead or behind them that of course turned out was way ahead of them. Come on Kynt use your head, who's the only other team you'd seen? Should've been smart enough to realize which team you should've tried to U-turn. Then even after that mistake there was a chance until Kynt didn't get the right receipts in the final challenge. At this point no one survives making two mistakes in one leg. Oh well to spare anyone else's fav's at this point i'm just not going to root for any other team since lately I seem to jinx whoever I root for. Hmmmm..... with that in mind maybe if I start rooting for Nate & Jen I can jinx them! :D

2. davemayo

davemayo Hall Of Fame

Nov 17, 2005
    Please exercise your full jinx powers and root for Nate and Jen. I despise them now. She just needs to shut up and not say another word until they are eliminated.

I too cannot believe Kynt U-turned the wrong people. They were sitting there next to Nate and Jen at the flower detour, yet he chose to U-turn Nick and Don when he hadn't seen them all day. :eek2:

When I saw they needed to grab the receipts, I told my wife that someone will forget one, which Jen did. I didn't think someone would remember to get the receipts but forget to bring back the other paper. :nono2:

I'm pulling for TK and Rachael.

3. thxultra

thxultra Godfather

Feb 1, 2005
    I was sooo shocked when the goths tried to U-turn the granpa and kid. What were they thinking. They knew the other team was right behind them. I was soo bumed to see them go because they were the most interesting team so far this season. I must say this was one of the best episodes this season. Will be great to see what happens next.

4. Casey21

Casey21 Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    It was a most enjoyable episode. I was laughing thru the whole thing. Jen has quite the ugly side. I don't have a clue who would want to listen to her negative, rude comments all day long. She's a joke.

So, here's how the Pinkies should have beat Nate and Jen. Even though Kynt made a fatal error with the receipts I still believe they would have beat Nate and Jen in the end. Here's why - Jen completely forgot about the receipts she needed. She still didn't remember on her second delivery and was out the door ready to meet up with Nate for the final run to the finish when the lady reminded her about the receipt. Because of the reminder, Jen was able to get that one and the first one she forgot. Had the lady not reminded her, Nate and Jen would have raced all the way off to the finish line. When Phil saw there were no receipts, they would have been sent back to finish the task. Kynt would have easily been able to fix his receipts and beat them to the finish. Why didn't Kynt get a "reminder". Boooooo to Nate and Jen. Go TK & Rachel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    This morning on the local news channels they had the two goth/pink whatever you want to call them at a local bar signing autographs. I don't watch Amazing Race so I just barely knew who they were, but people were going crazy for them. They were absolutely swarmed by people and they were just smiling and signing away. Crazy people get so excited over somebody that was on a reality show.

6. Jan 1, 2008 #6 of 10
    TomH

TomH Legend

Jun 11, 2005
    Actually, the "other team" was just ahead of them. Nate and Jen finished the flowers first so should have gotten to the U-turn first. It would have been a resonable assumption that Nate and Jen were ahead of them so at that point it was just a guess.

7. Jan 1, 2008 #7 of 10
    TomH

TomH Legend

Jun 11, 2005
    No... She would have raced back to the clue lady and have been turned back for the receipts just like Kynt. It may or may not have made a difference. We have no idea how close they really are since I'm sure the editing makes them appear closer than they really are to make it more exciting.

8. Jan 3, 2008 #8 of 10
    Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Oh They always make it look like it is a race though any Seasoned AR veteran should be aware of that game. ;)

Yeah.. I was disappointed to see the Goths go to.. Thinking the final three can be Gramps and Son, Who's your Daddy, and the "I am so Stuck on Myself" couple as the final three just makes my skin crawl. Well all I can say... I was not big on the groups at the beginning and all I can say.. AR can take the credit on this one. ;)

I personally liked the episode with crossing the mote on a stick better but this one was enjoyable.

Well you guys now who I am pulling for from this post... ;)

9. Jan 3, 2008 #9 of 10
    Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Neither was I. And from the looks of the new Survivor cast, it looks a little like they are returning to their roots of a younger, more physical cast and dropping the societal outcasts. Hopefully that concept will return to TAR.

10. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Me, too.