DBSTalk Forum banner

The Americans on FX

12K views 141 replies 46 participants last post by  phrelin 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Recorded it, figured I'd wait to see if people like it.

Hate to add another series commitment, but always looking for something different if it's better then whats' already queued up.

So far sticking with Continuum and The Following, but not certain about either.

#6 ·
This is shaping up to be the third brand-new series in January 2013 for my wife & me to try out.

While I haven't watched the premiere of The Americans yet, I have higher expectations for it than I do The Following and Banshee.

#7 ·
Sixto said:
Recorded it, figured I'd wait to see if people like it.

Hate to add another series commitment, but always looking for something different if it's better then whats' already queued up.

So far sticking with Continuum and The Following, but not certain about either.
I recorded it, too.

We also watch Continuum and The Following. While we are pleased with The Following, our enthusiasm for Continuum is waning a bit. We'll give Continuum a few more episodes before we decide one way of another.

#15 ·
Great to hear the positive comments! I too recorded last night but was catching up from earlier in the week's fare. Hopefully tonight will allow me to watch it.

Don "this one holds so much promise" Bolton

phrelin said:
We recorded and watched it last night. Excellent beginning to a show that my wife and I began watching with high expectations. It's a strong pilot.

#19 ·
Watched it tonight. We both really enjoyed the show. It's a keeper.

#23 ·
There was one song they played that really ticked me off.

Crocket and Tubbs get to own that scene for all time. For this new untested show to try to capitalize on that moment in tv history with "In the air tonight" was way too presumptuous.

I will keep watching, but I really got a bad feeling they are reaching at that moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.