1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Annoucement I Made Tonight in the Chat

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Lamutt, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Alas, the All-Stars contest is my last, at least for a long while. I just don't have the time to give these contests the attention that they deserve, and that you deserve. I think it's pretty obvious from some of the really dumb mistakes I made this season.

With my normal day job, 20-40 hours a week beta testing the 921 and running the 921 support forum, and with a couple of other Dish-related projects I have going on the side these days, the 10 hours a week the contest takes is just too much for me.

I do want to say, though, that I've had a hell of a time doing these things, and that I have almost no doubt that I'll miss this next fall when Survivor comes back. I'm a huge fan of the show, and doing these contests has really added a completely new dimension to watching. So, maybe at some point in the future I may come back to it, but not for a great while.

Honestly, I wasn't going to even do the All-Stars one, but when Mark at Dish Depot decided to give me a 921 or an HDTivo to give away, I couldn't NOT do the contest. With a prize that great, how could I refuse? But, now that we've given away the best of the best satellite prizes, there really isn't any way to go farther up from here, so it's time to bid adieu on my part.

I really sincerely hope that at least most of you have enjoyed playing, whether for the first time, or in all of them since Marquesas. That's really the main reason that I went though the work to do it. The prizes were a nice bonus for me, but I really just wanted you all to have a good time with them. And, I think for the most part, I succeeded with that.

So, for the last time, thanks for playing! It's been a blast!

2. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    No amount of words can express my gratitude for the great job you have done with the Survivor contests Mark. Your dedication and hard work have really made the the contests fun and enjoyable for all.

You are right, it has been a blast which would not have been possible without your creativity and ingenuity.

Thanks so much and we hope to see you back in the driver's seat again sometime in the future.
    :sunsmile:

3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    :)

4. HD921

HD921 AllStar

May 1, 2004
    You did a fabulous job

Thank you

5. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    ::sniff:: This was my first time and it feels like end of an era.

It's like when I lost my virginity all over again.

6. dmodemd

dmodemd Godfather/Supporter

Jul 5, 2002
    I have learned that its best not to say you quit until it gets closer in time until the next time! Theres still quite a long time to go until fall and by then the 921 will be stable ;) and you will have more time on your hands and miss doing this.

I wouldn't pack it in yet ;)

7. Wildfire_36

Wildfire_36 AllStar

Sep 16, 2002
    Here is to a job well done!

We ALL appreciate what you have done here.

Of course WE hope you will change your mind in the next couple of months, but if not, then we understand and thank you for all that you have already done.

8. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    Mark, it will be a well deserved respite.

9. mwgiii

mwgiii Gaming Guru and Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    Great job Mark, even though I never won.

edit: After checking the final results, I must have won the dumb-a## award since I got every question wrong. :D

10. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    Thanks Mark. It was the first time I played and I jumped up to 65th place! You don't have 65 HD DirecTivo's do you? :)

I was going to tell you thanks at the KUSA tour last night, but we were all to busy drooling over all the HD equipment. It was a great contest and good to see you again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.