1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big Bang Theory - "The Middle Earth Paradigm" 10/29/07

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Wire Paladin, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Nov 8, 2007 #1 of 21
    Wire Paladin

Wire Paladin Legend

Sep 19, 2006
    Best show of the new season. This was a big surprise. Looked to be a dumb idea but its quite funny.

What's not to like about this Halloween episode. 4 guys each dressed up as the Flash. Then Leonard dresses up as Frodo and explains the difference between a elf and a hobbit.

And of course there was Sheldon dressed as the "Doppler Effect". Priceless.

So far they have had 2 of the cast members from the old Roseanne show on. I wonder how soon before John Goodman will be a guest.

2. Nov 8, 2007 #2 of 21
    redfiver

redfiver DBSTalk Club Member

Nov 18, 2006
    3 if you count Johnny Galecki (sp?). He was a cast member on Rosanne after he got married to Darlene.

3. Nov 8, 2007 #3 of 21
    Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    This show is growing on me. Jim Parsons (Sheldon) gets quite annoying at times but the show overall is fun.

Of course, I always like looking at Kaley Cuoco. :)

4. Nov 8, 2007 #4 of 21
    Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Kaley Cuoco is a little young for me I guess. The writing is still spotty and the plots are still a little thin, but it is getting better. It seems like they have a 'geek advisor' who vettes the dialogue and sometimes he pays more attention than others.

5. Nov 8, 2007 #5 of 21
    Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Big Bang Theory is great, all the cast members really click well together and the show is very funny. The geek humor mixed with the double entendres really make the show. War At Home is the only other show that made me laugh out loud on a consistent basis. I would have never considered watching this show either, after reading the synopsis from the upfronts, I never even considered it until a week before it premiered, the pilot episode was shown on Discovery Channel at 3:30 in the morning. After Family Guy I started channel surfing and stumbled upon two guys in a sperm bank. I had no idea what the show was until it was flashed on screen. I also love the theme song, very catchy tune.

6. Nov 8, 2007 #6 of 21
    redfiver

Nov 18, 2006
    The theme song made me want to watch it. Very few (if any!) sitcoms have theme songs anymore, but they used to be the best! that's the best part of old sitcoms, the theme song! So many great ones, I'm glad they decided to create one specifically for the show.

Sure, some dramas have "songs", but they aren't made just for the show, they are popular songs they just add to the front of the show.

7. Nov 8, 2007 #7 of 21
    Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    It's by the Barenaked Ladies and from what I read, a full version of the song is either going to be released or is already out there. I like older TV themes, but there hasn't been a show since Who's The Boss and Growing Pains (except Big Bang) that I would consider listening to on my iPod.

8. Nov 8, 2007 #8 of 21
    tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    Hey you are not in my spot on this forum I need my SPOT---OPPS Sheldon is growing on me.

9. Nov 8, 2007 #9 of 21
    Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Yeah, this show is growing on me. For starters, it has a kick-a** theme song (go BNL!) Sheldon also steals the show with his "ways" - as in, he's very set in them. The only thing they can improve is the rationale for Kaley Cuoco's character being friends with our favorite geeks. I have to remember that this is TVLAND, where strange things happen, but in the real world this might be the most unlikely of friendships ...

10. redfiver

Nov 18, 2006
    the show is just Beauty and the Geek, but in real life. :)

remember, it's TV... they assume that you will Suspend Your Disbelief (SYD). Do that, and all will be well. In fact, hollywood banks that you will SYD. That's why I like the shows that are so obvious in telling you to SYD. Makes them more fun. Long live B-Movies! :D

11. NorfolkBruh

NorfolkBruh Legend

Jun 9, 2007
    What's especially INSPIRING about it is I actually KNOW real life folks with the same quirks as the characters! No... I'm not looking in the mirror! lololol but I AM looking at some DBSTalk folks!

12. cnmsales

cnmsales Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2007
    Yep, this is one of the best shows to come a long in a while. It has the potential to rank right up there with friends and etc etc. Id like to see Kaley Cuoco get a room mate and tie her in really well. Could add a lot to the show. Im sure this is already planned.

13. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I wonder if/when the LL is going to fix that damn elevator! The show is great, but
    I'm getting tired of watching the characters walk up and down, 'round and 'round
    obviously going nowhere, and I'm guessing the actors are too, as well.

As the neighbor, Kaley Cuoco's character has taken to the geek squad because
    she views them as "harmless", in spite of their undercurrent of raging hormonal
    levels, unfulfilled libidos and awkward, adolescent social skills.

14. Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    For some reason the broken elevator is funny to me. It's never been explained, they never reference it, but I would miss it if it was fixed. I do wonder why they have chosen to do that though. Why not just have stairs and no elevator instead of a broken elevator? Maybe because people like me somehow find the broken elevator funny and I'm curious to know what happened to it and how long its been broken. I have a feeling that there is going to be a big payoff with the elevator in a future episode.

15. Wire Paladin

Wire Paladin Legend

Sep 19, 2006
    I wonder if they'll have an episode where someone finally complains about the elevator and its fixed. My bet is the girl will complain and it was never obvious to the geeks that it they reported it it would be fixed.

16. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I tend to agree with Snoofie, I think the elevator will play a major role in a future episode. Leonard getting lucky with a Penny maybe?

17. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I just downloaded the full version of the Big Bang Theory Theme from iTunes. It's great, if you like the song take a listen to the full song.

18. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    Finally saw this episode and for me the funniest concept was that they could stay dressed up as the Flash and follow each other around looking "really fast". This broke me.

19. Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    I laughed out loud at that too. I guess my inner geek is coming out because I thought that was a really good idea.

20. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    Also, has anyone noticed that the leads, Sheldon and Leonard, seem to be named for Sheldon Leonard, the Hollywood legend?

Whether you know him from directing The Dick Van Dyke Show, as Nick the bartender in It's a Wonderful Life, his turn as Harry the Horse in Guys and Dolls, or the hundreds of other things he was involved in, they guy was the real deal and I have to presume Chuck Lorre knows it.