1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cola Wars continue...

Discussion in 'The OT' started by John Corn, May 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    This summer both Pepsi and Coca-Cola are launching two new drinks. Would you drink them? Which one looks more appealing?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Well I'm definately going to try the Vanilla Coke, if the Pepsi is like a "Frutopia" I will give it a try as well.

3. Martyva

Martyva Guest DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    My favorite Cola was an Icee Bear cola it had a polar bear for a logo and was the first 16 ounce cola. Royal Crown sued it for trademark infringement in the 80s, RC-IC and they closed up shop.

4. Kevin

Kevin Icon/Supporter

Mar 26, 2002
    I will give both a try. That Pepsi Blue bottle looks very appealing if you're thirsty.

5. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Ill try both, I hope the blue pepsi is better the the Crystal Clear pepsi from a few years ago. The clear pepsi was good when it first came out but then they added a citrus bite to it which made it disgusting. Vanilla Coke sounds good! Im still praying for Lemon Coke, not in diet,

6. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I was interested in the Pepsi Blue until I heard it was a berry flavor. Still anxious to try the Vanilla Coke.

7. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    "...Im still praying for Lemon Coke"

...pray for world peace instead

The Nickster :smoking:

8. Maniacal1

Maniacal1 Godfather/Supporter

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm definitely looking forward to the release of Vanilla Coke this week. I usually add a drop of vanilla extract to my Coke at home.

I just don't hope they don't make the same mistake as they made with Cherry Coke. How could Coca-Cola ruin a concept that any reputable soda fountain could accomplish flawlessly?

9. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm looking forward to trying both, I'm with Kevin, that Pepsi Blue does look appealing if your thirsty. :)

10. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Clear colas went nowhere. If this is a blie cola well it will sell weell for month.

11. BearsFan

BearsFan Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    Chicago Suburbs
    Huh...

Guess I might be the only one who truly L-O-V-E-D Crystal Pepsi. Man, was I disappointed that it got discontinued. I liked it better than any brown cola (at that time).

I'll try Pepsi Blue...I'm a Pepsi guy, don't like Coke at all. I'll give Vanilla Coke a try, based on curiosity alone.

Any of you heard about ANOTHER new flavored cola coming out? It's called Red Fusion, and it's gonna be a flavored Dr. Pepper. It sounds pretty interesting...

Here's a link to a news article: http://money.cnn.com/2002/05/10/news/companies/drpepper/

--BearsFan

12. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Tried to buy Vanilla Coke this week and didn't see any (was looking for 2 litre bottles). And this was in an Atlanta Suburb (Atlanta is home of Coke).

Anyone ever been to Atlanta's "World of Coca-Cola". An easy 2-3 hours to tourist wasting time if nothing better to do. Relatively enjoyable. But when you listen to the employees talk and you think that these people have been hypnotized. To be honest, after the 3 hours of the constant Coke name being thrown at me (in the vintage commercials, and other stuff they show) I didn't drink anything with a coke lable for 6 months. Kind of reverse of what they wanted :D

13. Neil Derryberry

Neil Derryberry Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I usually add a little vanilla mixer (from QT) to my coke off their fountain... it's a nice twist.

14. jrjcd

jrjcd Arcane Movie Trivia King DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    blue pepsi looks like a bottle of windex-no thanks!!!!

i am a tried and true dr pepper texan(and if you want a flame from me, just try and put a period on the end of the "dr")-and i think DP is coming out with a vanilla version that i WON'T try!!!!!

you gotta have the real thing, baby, and the real thing is DP!!!!!!

15. Maniacal1

Maniacal1 Godfather/Supporter

Apr 9, 2002
  16. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
  17. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    Sound like the Boston Goble review liked it.

I have not seen any here yet but will pick up a bottle when I see it.

18. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I'll look around for both new colas at the stores this weekend

19. jrjcd

jrjcd Arcane Movie Trivia King DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    when i wuz a kid, we used to make "black cows", a concoction of coke and vanilla ice cream mixed together...

i can just imagine what the promotional repercusions would have been if coke had named this "black cow"...

20. BearsFan

BearsFan Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    Chicago Suburbs
    I had a Vanilla Coke today, and...

Well, first, let me say that I am a STAUNCH Pepsi guy. I dislike Coke, because to me, it's way too sugary for my tastes. I know some people who have said the exact same thing about Pepsi, so it's all a personal choice in taste.

Anyway, I found one in a Coke machine while waiting for an oil change...

It tasted...well, "good." Again, I'm not a Coke guy...but not bad. Some will say not enough vanilla flavor, some will say too sweet. I say Coke is *still* too sweet for me, but this new Vanilla one somehow "deadened" the sugary taste, at least to me.

I won't buy it in bulk. It's okay...I'd give it a C+.

Can't wait to try Pepsi Blue & Dr. Pepper's "Red Fusion"...

--BearsFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.