1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Colony Season 2

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Scott Kocourek, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    July 27th @ 10PM on Discovery season 2 of "The Colony" starts.

7 Strangers live together after a simulated biological disaster.

50 days with no power, no running water and no communication from the outside world.

I really enjoyed the first season and am looking forward to the start of the second.

2. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I enjoyed the first season as well except for the way it ended .. but wow! gotta say that I'm surprised that they are running a second round.

3. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    Yeah I agree on the end not being the greatest, but what I enjoyed the most was the "projects" they came up with for electricity, water, comfort and other things. I thought it was a little wierd with the gangs trying to get in too, but I guess it shows that no matter what you need some security.

4. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Thanks for the heads-up, I just series linked it

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Loved the first season so I'll be tuning in to Season 2. Also looks like it may have been filmed down here in South Florida based on what I see in the previews.

Side note... Has anyone else seen the new IBM commercial with "The Professor" from Season 1?

6. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Set the SL a few days ago. :)

7. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    I'll have to stop on the IBM commercial to check it out. :)

8. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
  9. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    Thanks Runner, I don't think I would have even noticed.

10. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    I didn't at first, I had to rewind live TV.

11. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    I will try it out, thanks for the heads up.

I found the first 3 episodes of Season 1 on VOD. I would hope they will put the rest up before season 2 premier for those like me who missed it.

12. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    The complete season 1 is on VOD for those interested. It is all in SD :(. But it will help me to keep up for season2.

13. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Nah, Season 2 starts all over. It's not a continuation from Season 1 by any means. You don't even have to watch Season 1 if you don't want to.

14. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    While I think it's worth watching the first seaon, you're right this season will start fresh. If you start with the first episode of season 2 you will be as caught up as anyone.

15. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Oh, I'm not saying don't watch season 1, it's great TV.

16. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    Ok, The Colony was on last night and I am curious if I was the only one who was a little disappointed in this episode?

Seemed to me that they spent a little too much time on the security aspect of the show. The "fighting" part of last season took a bit away from the show, but the "fighting" in episode one almost was the show. Our only hope is they are going to get the folks involved to set up their security and show how they will defend themselves and then move on.

Pretty amazing that they can get people to give up 50 days in a row to be on tv.

17. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    I wasn't disappointed but I definitely see this season having a different outcome than last. I don't think this group is, or will be, as organized as last year. I also don't think you have enough of a wide range of skill sets. I think all 4 men are construction types, with one saying he's also an inventor. The woman who is the mechanic seems to be the smartest one of this group.

I also predict this season will be more violent than last and someone will get hurt.

18. RASCAL01

RASCAL01 Godfather

Aug 1, 2006
    I thought that I red some where that it is going to more about security.

19. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    This season is definitely different than last year.

From the looks of the previews, it is all about security and fighting.

I believe there was more fighting on this first episode than all of last year.

20. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    I sadly agree, the outcome will be different. One of the most interesting parts of the show for me was the problem solving, yes the new group got the water filter made (I probably would have made it larger), but they don't seem to put in a lot of effort.

Maybe I just need to give it more time but if it turns into the fake fight night each week I won't make it very far.