1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dark Knight 1080/24p VOD

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by Calvin386, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Calvin386

Calvin386 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    Well I finally got a chance to watch The Dark Knight 1080/24p VOD.

Here's my equipment:

*VIP 622
    *Sony KDL52W4100 LCD (120hz, 24p capable) hooked up via HDMI.
    *Sony Home Theater sound (DTS, 5.1, Dolby Digital capable) hooked to
    the VIP 622 via optical.

Picture quality was great. There were some parts where the movie would stop for moment and then continue. Maybe because the 622 just couldn't keep up with the amount of information it was processing. Overall though the video part was enjoyable.

The audio however was a different story. It was about a half second out of sync. I stopped the movie and started it over, paused with no change.

So I thought I would just use my LCD's speakers...No sound at all. Changed the audio settings on LCD to no avail. So I just watched it with the audio sync problem.

I think I am going to call today and ask for my account to be credited.

2. HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Hall Of Fame

Jul 14, 2007
    Did you try adjusting the delay in the A/V receiver? It's not uncommon for A/V equipment to introduce delay, that is why they have delay adjustments.

3. Calvin386

Calvin386 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    No I did not. My receiver is about 8 years old. I haven't ever noticed the adjustment nor have I ever needed it.

I will be looking at the manual to see if there is an adjustment for that.

Any Idea why there would be no sound through my HDMI?

4. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    That's unusual, but you may have turned off sound on that input via the TV's menu. Many TVs allow you to turn of the internal speakers, and some newer ones let you do that per input.

5. Calvin386

Calvin386 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    I checked the manual and there was no delay adjustment on my receiver.

The sound on my internal speakers is on.

Thanks for the replys guys. This was a wierd one. I watched it again last night and tried to make some adjustments. No luck, same problems.

6. HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Hall Of Fame

Jul 14, 2007
    Did you try hooking directly to your TV instead of thru the A/V to see if it is the same?

7. Calvin386

Calvin386 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    I assume you are talking about taking the optical cable off of the receiver and going from the 622 straight to the LCD.

That's a good idea but my LCD is hanging on the wall and it is a big deal to take it down with having to unhook all the wires and all.

My HDMI does go straight to the LCD from the 622 and it had no sound.

Now I have to wait a month til Dish releases another 1080/24p movie to try it again.