1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The Dark Knight" trailers & pics

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Steve615, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
  2. LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE Hall Of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    New York
    Looking forward to this film.............. :)

3. May 2, 2008 #3 of 65
    Pinion413

Pinion413 Icon

Oct 20, 2007
    Mrs. Pinion and I both can't wait to check out this flick.

I just saw "Batman Begins" last month. I was afraid to see another Batman movie since "Forever", so tried to stay away altogether. Now, I'm sorry I didn't see it sooner, and really can't wait for "Dark Knight".

4. May 3, 2008 #4 of 65
    Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    Begins was pretty awesome, really looking forward to this one.

5. May 5, 2008 #5 of 65
    Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    I was okay with Batman Forever, but Batman & Robin was a steaming pile of crap. I was hesitant anytime they start talking about redoing a franchise, but I won free tickets to see a sneak preview of Batman Begins and I was just amazed. It was so great and really captured the best parts of Batman. I have been looking for to The Dark Knight, but had that same hesitant feeling thinking they might go too far away from the source material, but after seeing the recent trailer, it looks like they nailed it. I love the way the Joker is being portrayed more like he is in the comics instead of just being a buffoon.

6. May 5, 2008 #6 of 65
  7. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
  8. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    I have seen several of the trailers now.... Makes the Jack Nicholson Joker look like a cartoon.

I can't wait to see this one.

9. MrMojoJojo

MrMojoJojo Legend

May 22, 2008
    Looking extremely forward to this one. Christian Bale has quickly become one of my favorite actors out on the scene today (American Psycho and The Machinist being two prime examples), and I was amazed by what he did with Begins.

On another note, I also find it to be a great time waster to find all the viral marketing websites that they've made in regards to this film. Its a great example of what can be done when viral marketing is done correctly and is subtly done instead of over-the-top.

10. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
  11. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    According to the following link,the film grossed $18.5 million in midnight showings only,in 3,040 North American theaters Friday ( 7/18 ) morning.The previous record of $16.9 million was held by "Star Wars Episode III:Revenge Of The Sith" from 2005.We didn't make it to a midnight screening of the film,but we did see it last night.For those that liked "Batman Begins",I imagine you will enjoy "The Dark Knight" too.We sure enjoyed it. :)

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20080718/121642315100.html

12. Brandon428

Brandon428 Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2007
    I want to see it at an Imax theater.

13. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
  14. MrMojoJojo

MrMojoJojo Legend

May 22, 2008
    And well-deserving of every last penny that it earned. I can't quite say here just what I was saying every few minutes during the movie. It just blew my mind away. And it had a trailer for Watchmen before it too!

15. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    I agree.IMO,this is one of those rare films that lived up to all of the hype for it.
    :)

16. TheGreatLogan

TheGreatLogan AllStar

May 25, 2008
    its amazing, the effects, the history, the sound, the enemies!!!!!!

wow wow and mega wow, i went to the premiere and when it finished i was like, the car and the bat and the boom, and the gun and the bulding and the trailer, and the joker, and teh batman and the....

like 20 minutes like that..

jajajaj amazing, i hope i didnt put any spoiler over there

17. cclement

cclement Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 22, 2004
    I have a question, when I watch a movie, I usually just sit and watch the movie, I really don't think much about it. But my wife does and she asked me a question I embarrassed to say "I don't know." So I'm asking the help from my forum friends.
    This really doesn't spoil anything, but I'll still mark it.

She asked: "Why did the Joker rob the money from the bank, when he burned it later?" I guessed to snub the mob, but I really have no idea.

18. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2006
    Hmm I think it was simply because it was not the money that mattered to him.

I went and saw this yesterday. Oh Em Gee.

It was like, the best Batman movie ever. All the hype? So true. Worth the money to see it.

I would go see it again!