The end of FLO TV 3/27/11

Discussion in 'IPTV and Internet Video Delivery' started by MikeW, Dec 17, 2010.

1. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    I had FLOTV installed in a van I bought last year. I wasn't going to renew the subscription because the contenet was rather boring and the signal did not stretch much beyond metro Tuscon/Phoenix.

http://www.flotv.com/rebate

2. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Sorry to see that! Mrs. Fluffybear and I had been debating about getting it but the last time I looked at it (over the summer), I discovered the same thing - Service was pretty much limited to metro areas.

3. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Guess we won't be seeing any more of their ads on TV ... I know the product didn't interest me at all and as a result, I didn't have much of a handle on what it is (was).

4. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    When I negotiated the price of my van, I told them I liked everything about the van but didn't want the FLO device. It was a $1200 add-in on the sticker. To make the deal, they took that off of the price. I went through the rebate process and I will be getting $850 from FLO. Good thing I spent the $200 for an annual subscription. If the devices was not subscribed prior to 12/1, it doesn't qualify for the rebate.