The Ex List is now the Ex List

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by frederic1943, Oct 28, 2008.

1. frederic1943

frederic1943 Icon

Dec 1, 2006
    http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7818

CBS has dropped "The Ex List" from its Friday schedule. A repeat of "NCIS" will fill the Friday, 9:00/8:00c hour on October 31. A permanent replacement has not been named.

2. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Not a surprise. As I posted on Saturday:

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Well said as always, phrelin. I've read several blog posts suggesting that more shows aren't being canceled because it's cheaper to burn off the episodes than refund advertisers' money. This economy sure is changing things.

4. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Well then maybe CBS will bring back Moonlight in place of The Ex-list who is now just another ex.

5. photostudent

photostudent Godfather

Nov 8, 2007
    There is some justice in the world.

6. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    That would make my wife happy.

7. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    Bringing Moonlight back would make my wife happy also. Heck, I liked the show as well, so it would make me happy, but I am sure they can't do it for a dozen reasons.

Too bad as I think Moonlight could have developed a decent following if they just gave it time.

8. jodyguercio

Aug 16, 2007
    What are some of the reasons Lee? At this point, what would it end up hurting CBS to bring back a show that, like you said, would have a decent following. If they decide to run the remaining Ex-List episodes they wont be out the ad dollars that surely would've had to have been refunded? Why not just tell the ad folks we're going take that money and come up with some new episodes of a better show a la Moonlight.

9. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    Well the first 3 off the top of my head are, the cast, writers and showrunners might have made other commitments. The sets have all been dismantled and would need to be rebuilt, which is not a trival expense when trying to bring something back on the cheap. Of course, the execs that cancelled the show would have to admit they were wrong.

My pesonal opinion is they should bring it back (or that they should never have cancelled it), but they would have had much more sucess moving the show to another network last year than restart it from scratch now.

10. Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    I admittedly know absolutely nothing about the situation but I can't imagine all the people involved in Moonlight have been sitting at home doing nothing in hopes that thier show might come back.

11. jodyguercio

Aug 16, 2007
    And that's why I asked the question, because I never thought about all the little things that go into putting a show together. But at this point, maybe they can get them back together for a mid-season replacement?

12. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    CBS has a "hold" on Alex O'Loughlin while Sophia Myles appears to be free. But Jason Dohring and Shannyn Sossamonas have signed with new HBO series, he in "Washingtonienne" and she in "How to Make It in America". So it would be tough, but not impossible since the creators/producers Ron Koslow and Trevor Munson would probably have time. The problem is CBS is unlikely to want to fund new startup costs for a Friday show.

13. jodyguercio

Aug 16, 2007
    Well lets hope they take a chance and try and get everyone back together and get Moonlight back on the air.

14. Cmnore

Cmnore Godfather

Sep 22, 2008
    I'll miss the Ex List. It was one of a few shows that my wife and I both could enjoy together. Typical CBS though. Cancel it - don't move the time slot.

15. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Is "dropped from the schedule" the same as "cancel", though? It could have he same affect, but also doesn't shut the door on it returning to the schedule on a new night sometime in the future ... even if that is only a slight possibility.

16. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2006
    Makes me sad - the show amused me.