The Good Guys

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by hoophead, Dec 21, 2010.

1. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    Madison,(WI) guy Bradley Whitford and his mustache are out of a job after Fox apparently decided against a second season for he "Good Guys."

per Tim Cuprisin, OnMilwaukee.com

It must be me; first Terriers and now The Good Guys won't be back :(

2. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Having seen a couple of episodes...survival of this show was kind of a stretch...

I like Bradley (West Wing especially)...but the writing on this show was aweful.

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I thought the show is/was hilarious.

4. Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher Icon

Apr 24, 2002
    My wife and I will miss it a lot. Terrific escapism. Why does TV comedy suck so terribly today? All you hear are penis jokes, and there is nothing remotely resembling a story line. I'm not even hoping for a return to classics like The Dick Van Dyke Show. Bring back the good old days of Seinfeld or Boy Meets World!

5. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Sadly, the writing was on the wall, as the ratings were terrible, even for Fox. But nonetheless, I really enjoyed this show. Dan Stark (Whitfield) is probably my favorite character on any program this season. It was great comedic escapism -- and I even like the theme.

6. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    Never helps being on Friday nights :nono:

7. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    Bummer :( but given the ratings and the fact it was on FOX I knew this show was doomed.

8. altidude

altidude AllStar

Jan 13, 2010
    Jenny Wade will be sorely missed.

9. krock918316

krock918316 Hall Of Fame

Mar 5, 2007
    That figures. Me and the wife loved The Good Guys. :(

10. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    We really enjoyed watching them over the summer. I haven't watched lately and have about 8 episodes stacked up on the DVR, but was hoping the show would continue. While Bradley was very good, I thought Hanks was excellent as well.

Now I have to decide whether to watch or delete.

11. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    You should watch. Why miss out on the fun just because not enough others chose to partake? Too bad it didn't make it.

12. spartanstew

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Too late, already deleted.

I just don't want to get involved any more with the characters knowing that it will just end abruptly.

Besides, I have lots of other things I haven't watched yet. If I was running low on shows, I'd have probably kept them around for the summer.

13. Nick

Nick Charter Gold Club Member

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Deleted? :eek: Bummer! :confused:

What ever happened to watching good and funny shows just for the enjoyment of it, even if it has been canceled? It's not like anyone was expecting it to live on forever. If longevity is your criteria, you're going to be disappointed a lot and miss a lot of good shows along the way. :shrug:

14. spartanstew

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Not sure what you mean by "whatever happened.."

I've never had that philosophy. I typically don't even watch new shows until I know they're going to last for at least a second season (I've yet to watch Blue Bloods, Chase, or the Defenders this year, but have them all on DVR's).

If I didn't have other good, funny shows to watch, I would have kept them (as I stated).

You may have the time to sit around all day watching everything and anything that you garner brief moments of enjoyment from, but most of us have jobs and lives and we have to pick and choose what we decide will occupy our time. When it comes down to a choice between shows that I know will live on and shows that have been cancelled, the cancelled shows will lose every time.

15. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    I got to ask what other idiosyncrasies you have that might interest the rest of us? (lol)

16. Luck255

Luck255 Legend

Mar 4, 2009
    That's sad I really loved the show!

17. spartanstew

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Way too many to list.

But for starters:

I always eat Pie hot in a bowl with ice cream and a spoon.

Never cold pie.
    Never on a plate
    Never with a fork.