1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Good Wife

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Rich, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Oct 7, 2009 #1 of 47
    Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Watched two episodes of The Good Wife last night. Wow! Good show. Good cast, good scripts, really enjoyed it. Can't think of one bad thing to say about it. Glad to see Julianna Margulies finally got her eyebrows under control. :lol:

Rich

2. Oct 7, 2009 #2 of 47
    Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Excellent drama! A Leno killer.

I have it down for the season --kudos CBS!

BTW, JM is hot, eyebrows or not!

3. Oct 7, 2009 #3 of 47
    Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    First time I saw her (or noticed her) was in a Homicide episode. And the first thing I noticed about her were the caterpillar eyebrows. I'm surprised it took so long to get them thinned out.

I think, for the most part, the eyes are the first thing people notice about people and the eyebrows are pretty close to the eyes.

But you're right, she is and has been a hottie.

Rich

4. Oct 8, 2009 #4 of 47
    phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    CBS has ordered a full-season of this show because of high ratings according to this story today.

5. Oct 8, 2009 #5 of 47
    Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    She had me at "Hello". :sure:

6. Oct 8, 2009 #6 of 47
    LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE Hall Of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    New York
    You guys have piqued my interest. Will give it a look see.......... :)

7. Oct 8, 2009 #7 of 47
    Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Do that. It's a really good show.

Rich

8. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Hate to be negative, but after having watched three episodes so far, I think the show is just "OK". She's always good, but I don't find either the plots or the other characters very interesting. I actually think Shark was better-written, and that show didn't last.

I find it especially frustrating that Canterbury's Law starring the same Juliana Margulies was manhandled the way it was by Fox last year. They couldn't seem to find the right time slot for it and killed after 8 episodes, IIRC. I thought that show's cast and writers were top-notch. I'd take it over Good Wife any day of the week. Just my .02.

9. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    we agree with you on that. But we like this show OK. Apparently so do others, as its retaining 87% of the "NCIS:LA" viewers the past two weeks whereas "The Forgotten" can only retain 60% of "Dancing with the Stars" and "Leno" only retained 54% of "Biggest Loser." Since there is only 57% of the audience left at 10 pm CBS should be very happy with "The Good Wife" which also leads in the demo.

10. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    This has quickly become one of our family favorites. Interesting cast and good story lines.

John

11. gpg

gpg Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    Does anyone else think the writing for this show has gone downhill since the split occurred? What IMHO was once a pretty good hour of drama has become a show featuring silly acts of revenge by both sides.

12. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Ah, the ten pm Leno. Almost forgotten about that placement.

Only NBC can kill Leno!

As to writing, I stopped watching eons ago, so cannot comment.

13. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    My wife, who has consistently insisted on watching this show first when it appears in the list of recordings, is now quite unhappy with the direction the show has taken. Hopefully there will be some redeeming future episode that will turn a corner.

14. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    GW has gone from lofty ideals to petty, but mean-spirited discord. I'll still watch if only 'cuz Archie Panjabi is so effing hot!

15. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    That is surprising (that folks see a downward trend). The critics and reviewers say the opposite; that it has reached heights this season never seen before dramatically. It is also the darling of the casting community. They have so many great guest stars because everyone wants to be on the show or associated with the show, not something normally found on a show with so-so ratings. I guess when you break pattern and go a different direction it will impress some, and make others unhappy.

Also a bit surprising is the level of quality from a writing team that is sort of a rookie team in that I don't think they fronted a major show before. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop--the inevitable CBS pilot from them that dilutes the quality of this show by stretching their talents too far (Ahem! Chris Carter Ahem!). But happily, that has not yet happened. About the worst you could say is that they have no clue when trying to write for the younger actors on the show (Alicia's kids) and the world they live in.

I really can't comment on this season because I am about 11 eps behind. But I am willing to aver that not only do I consider this the best drama on television by far, I consider it the best drama on television, ever.

JM is sort of up there in the top shelf category herself, I really can't even think of a more-attractive woman than her. Her face is unusual (and the rest is pretty perfect) but that seems to work in her favor; she's not cookie-cutter hot, she is unique enough looking to expand the boundaries of what is hot and actually redefine what is hot, and the best ones always are capable of that. Possibly the best legs I've ever seen, also. She also had the ability to turn down a 6-mil deal for returning to ER, and still come out on top. Canterbury Law fizzled, but due to weak writing and weak character development, two things few of us miss when gone. I still was there for every ep. Why? JM, of course.

16. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yeah, I do like exotic women.

Rich

17. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I think this story line is ridiculous as well. It is a back and forth, top each other's back stabbing that makes them all look amazingly immature.

18. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    The more money you make, the higher you go, you see stuff like this in real life. Only in real life it's timeline is longer. They pack a lot of stuff into an hour. Nature of the beast.

Rich

19. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Gee, I can't imagine in real life any attorneys being so unscrupulous.... :sure:

20. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Is TGW one of those "watch from the very beginning" shows? I've really considered starting from the beginning and seeing what the hype is.

1 person likes this.