1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Great Pumpkin arrives!

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by music_beans, Oct 28, 2003.

1. music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    Or so Linus thinks. Reminder that the Charlie Brown halloween special comes on tonight at 8/7 Central on ABC.

I liked it better when it was on CBS because when I last saw it on ABC, they cut out the part where Charlie Brown tries to kick the football after the pile o' leaves scene. (It's right at the beginning.)

2. torque91

torque91 Cool Member

Sep 16, 2003
    It was cut once again.
    I liked it on CBS because it was always preceded by the colorful spinning "Special". Anyone remember that. 80% of the time, the colorful spinning "Special" meant cartoon!!

3. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
    its on dvd I think

happy hunting

4. bills976

bills976 Godfather/Supporter

Jun 30, 2002
    I have Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin on tape with the CBS spinning special thing on it. Brings back memories of childhood when I see that.

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 1, 2002
    That and those little CBS World News things that ran during commercial breaks on Saturday mornings.

6. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    its on dvd I think

Yup, the entire collection can be had, even those which aren't exactly holiday classics like "Its the Pied Piper, Charlie Brown!".

I burned a couple of copies and stored the originals away, because this is one collection that gets watched far more than normal.

7. music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    http://www.80stvthemes.com/promos/cbs.html

First one on the list, an audio clip of the music that goes along with it. There is a video also!