1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Great Wall

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Rich, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Another movie I didn't think I'd like. I only watched it because I've never seen a "bad" Matt Damon movie. I read the reviews, I saw it didn't do well in the box office. After the first few minutes I was ready to give up. I couldn't figure out which unshaven, filthy actor was Damon. They all were filthy and unshaven. What a mess.

What a mistake I would have made. The movie was simply beautiful. I really enjoyed it. Really entertaining (what else is there to go by if not the entertainment thing?) and just well made. Yeah it got a bit odd in the beginning, but it was just good, I think.

Rich

lparsons21 likes this.
  2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    One of the better Chinese style films I have seen. They do a lot of work on the artistry of their fight and battle scenes. It entertained me as well.

lparsons21 likes this.
  3. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    After reading the reviews...well, I can't believe how much I liked it.

Rich

4. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    One of the worst movies I've ever seen. If I wasn't watching with my 12 year old (who likes monsters and shiny objects), I would have walked out.

5. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    If that's the worst movie you have ever seen, you are doing good. It's Oscar worthy compared to some awful things I have seen over the years... ;)

6. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I thought it was better than La La Land, perhaps the most disappointing movie I've seen in years. Right up there with A Passage To India, as far as disappointments go. I was ready to be disappointed with The Great Wall, all the reviews pointed towards a bad movie. I enjoyed it and I can't imagine why anyone would find fault with it. But...

Rich