1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Last Resort

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Virginian, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Virginian

Virginian Mentor

Jun 14, 2006
    Welcome On Board, join discussion!

2. BAHitman

BAHitman Godfather

Oct 23, 2007
    Austin Texas
    I can't wait for this show to start! I just hope it makes it to a second season...

3. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    This is one of the three new shows I will be recording.

Who knows, it's not on NBC, it may stand a chance.

4. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    I'm setting up a timer for it. As long as it doesn't get canceled after just a few weeks I'll probably end up watching it.

5. Virginian

Virginian Mentor

Jun 14, 2006
  6. litex2x

litex2x Legend

Sep 8, 2012
    I really liked the pilot. I'm hoping this show becomes something awesome. :)

7. Virginian

Virginian Mentor

Jun 14, 2006
    I stopped watching. My dad was a submariner and I always enjoyed submarine movies. I'm a little bit familiar with the missile's launch protocols and seeing a captain launching missiles whenever and wherever he wants was a turning point for me.

8. jdskycaster

jdskycaster Legend

Sep 1, 2008
    I thought it was a great start as well. Will keep watching this one.

9. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I really loved it. I didn't expect to have the emotional reaction I did to it, especially this scene:
    In the bar in the last 10 minutes, when the Navy Seal broke down crying saying it was his fault, and the bartender consoled him.

I don't know why, but after the previous tense 48 minutes, that scene was just very powerful for me.

10. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Loved this first episode!!!

11. scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    Wow, best new show of the Fall Season. Wow!

12. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Three nukes in the first episode.

13. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    It's a stretch but falls within a limited strike scenario. What I question is the sub's captain launching a SBLM equipped with MIRVS without reprograming it's targets using one warhead and scraping the others to make his point.

14. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Enjoyed the first episode, but that being said, I thought the first 18 minutes of Flash Forward was one of the best 18 minutes ever on the small screen and that show failed to earn a second season.

15. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Haven't watched it yet, but looking forward to it. Also would be interested in Mike's perspectiv :)

16. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    I didn't like it. Don't know why yet ... I just didn't believe the characters. It seemed a little formulaic to me.

17. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    As a submarine veteran I had no desire to watch this program. It is beyond a stretch of the imagination that something like this could take place. I normally can suspend my disbelief but not this time. Below is just one of many comments by some of my submarine veteran friends. I don't think too many old boat sailors will be watching. Not that it will make a difference to ABC.

18. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    If I didn't watch shows that got my field of expertise wrong (computers, programming, networking, geek stuff, etc) I'd never watch TV. While I do respect your opinion, and thank you for past service, I don't agree with not watching a TV show just because it's not technically perfect or plausible.

19. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    As one who used to be bothered by such "inaccuracies" it is a lot easier when you realize these shows do NOT take place in our world this is as different to us as Star Wars. Bitching about this is no different than complaining because an alien wasn't portrayed right in Star Wars or Star Trek.

If this was advertised as a factual documentary following a REAL submarine or retelling a true story then you would have a point. Of course I also know people like to be offended and complain about things so what more should I expect.

As for the show I liked it, looks like the Pres. or CEO or whatever he is-- is pulling a Wag the dog to prevent impeachment.