The "Lost" Thread.... At least one spoiler

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Richard King, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, the pit contained an old vinyl recording of the Mamas and Papas and some guy living in a fully equiped shelter complete with electricity, lights and a fancy audio system. :lol:

2. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Dude this is an HD show, but yeah that was pretty freaking sweet.

Perhaps also edit the thread to say "contains spoilers"

3. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    Good idea.

I don't have an HD though. :(

4. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    I couldn't identify that reel to reel machine he had in there and I thought I could identify anthing like that placed in front of me.

5. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    well that episode just opened way too many questions for me even to begin with.

really great stuff.

Things in the open. The guy in the hatch is the same guy who was running with jack in the stadium in the flashback.

A lot of the stuff in the hatch was dated, but they showed a washing machine that was one of the new ones.

I don't think the guy built this place but rather found it.

He mentioned to jack in the flash back that he was going on a run around the world.

Maybe this was a leg where he got marooned traveling over it.

But then again he also told jack that he'd see him soon in the afterlife, really weird...

6. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    This series is just SO FREAKING GOOD!!! There are a ton of questions yet to be addressed and new ones that popped up.

See ya
    Tony

7. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    Yes, excellent!!

I just hope Walt isn't actually dead! :(

I was really glad to have the recap of last season. There was a lot I missed, apparently. :confused:

BFG, a lot of us still don't have it in HD, but instead have to rely upon the WAY too overly freakin' compressed E* locals!! :rolleyes:
    But don't even get me started on that... :D

8. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Was it "run around the world" or "race around the world"? I remember it being said but just not exactly what was said. It probably doesn't make any difference though but in this show, you never know.

Just when we thought we were going to learn everything the first 3 episodes...they spring a bunch of new questions on us.

9. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    cdru, there are always many more questions than answers on Lost. That's the beauty of it! :shrug: :grin:

Hey, did anybody happen to notice that Ethan from Lost (supposedly dead now, if ya didn't know..) was Gunneson in Threshold? :confused:

10. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Resident Rounder DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 14, 2004
    pretty sure it was "race around the world"....I can go check if you want, it's still on the TiVo.

11. David_Levin

David_Levin Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 22, 2002
    "Quaranteen" was written on the INSIDE of the hatch door. Perhaps the bunker was built to observe activity on the island. Where/How is he getting his supplies? This season could quickly turn into a completely different story.

The Ladies looked rather hot and sweaty. They really should have take a swim :D .

12. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    Just checked on my DVR it was "race around the world"

The most interesting line in that conversation on the steps was "What if you did fix her?" and Jack responds "That would take a miracle" and he did "fix her". Desmond departs Jack and says: "See you in another life"

13. n8dagr8

Aug 14, 2004
    In actuality, I think they are all dead.

14. Ken Howe

Ken Howe Legend

Aug 9, 2005
    im lost...

15. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    Bingo. Exactly what I was thinking and have been for a while.

16. n8dagr8

Aug 14, 2004
    alright, my big beef with this show is where are they getting all the batteries? No one seems to care that the flashlight might run out of juice eventually! I know, it's just TV but seriously!! (not to mention all the fuel for the torches, that dudes electricity in the hole......)

17. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I think the computer in the bunker is some sort of dead-man's switch.

Walt is alive (just a vision). But even the dog saw him. Just general spookiness

See ya
    Tony

18. JBKing

JBKing Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    A couple of thoughts after watching Lost: those 60 minutes (well, 45 on a DVR) go by so fast compared to any other programming I watch, and that is about the only show that I wish would last twice as long as it does! You can't get enough of it, it's over before you know it, and just leaves you craving more.

That, is excellent TV! :)

No, I don't think they are already dead. I do agree that the quarantine warning was for the people inside, meaning the outdoors was quarantined from those dwelling inside.

I thought the dude running in the stadium with Jack said 'see you in another life' rather than the afterlife.

Glad to hear Locke talk about the black smoke cloud that tried to drag him underground. I still say the nanotechnology theory seems the most plausible. 'Walt' was a cloud of nanites assembled into his image. But did anyone understand what 'Walt' whispered. Despite rewinding it several times, I couldn't make out what he said. :confused:

19. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    You got it right. See post 12 above.

I agree with your opinion on the show. It's, no question, the best television on today.

20. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    yeah i mixed up some of the words trying to tell the story and ubviously it makes a big difference, sorry :)