The new $5 promo

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by John79605, Mar 17, 2021.

1. John79605

John79605 Legend

Feb 9, 2007
    I'm getting an offer of $5/month with a free upgrade from Select to All Access for 12 months. Right now I have the $8 Essentials streaming account. The "inactive" radio I could reactivate currently has Mostly Music which never got turned off when I deactivated it a couple of years ago. I could get the full lineup on that radio and save $3 a month. The question is how much hassle will I have after 12 months when the $5 All Access subscription reverts to Select at $17 and I don't want to pay that. They've offered "limited time" $5/month for a while and I can't count on extending it after 12 months.

2. gjrhine

gjrhine Legend

May 15, 2002
    What hassle? As with all offers - "may be modified or terminated at any time."

3. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto New Member

May 9, 2010
    Actually, if you're willing to call them up right before the sub expires (or auto-renews at "current market rate") they'll extend the promo price 12 more months when you pay ahead of time. But you have to call customer service directly, it can't be done through the web portal.

I've been doing the cancel dance since Sirius merged with XM Radio.

harsh likes this.
  4. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Last year I was able to renew my deal through the website due to the pandemic. Easiest time I've had getting a deal from them. Less than 5 minutes.