The Office

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by SledgeHammer, Oct 13, 2020.

1. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    I never watched the show when it was on, been binging it on Netflix over the past month. Half way through season 8 now. Man, the show really heads down hill fast after Steve Carell left. They made a really bad call focusing the show on Andy who was always the worst character. James Spader is really bad too. They just introduced the British woman and she's as bad as Andy and Robert.

2. AngryManMLS

AngryManMLS Active Member

Jan 30, 2014
    MN
    The last 2-3 episodes are good but.... man...... the last two seasons are just awful.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I loved Robert California. lol

4. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Des Moines, IA
    Anyone else catch the sale or mistake on vudu for the complete series for $9.99 for all nine seasons? After a couple hours the price went up to $69.99. I got it and I don't watch sitcoms. :)

5. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    He's not very entertaining. Nelly is just annoying. Almost as bad as Andy. Although I just got to the ep where he goes to Florida to win Erin back and it seems like they rebooted the character to make him less annoying. We'll see if that holds up.

6. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Finally finished watching it this morning. Great show. I didn't really care for season 8 though. Season 9 was definitely a step up from 8... but it was definitely not the Carell years. I did skip over a few episodes when they went to Shrute Farms. That was a bit too much. I guess they never fixed the Andy character. One episode it would look like they fixed him and then the next ep he'd go back to annoying Andy and then the next ep back to reboot Andy.

7. AngryManMLS

AngryManMLS Active Member

Jan 30, 2014
    MN
    Shrute Farm was only one episode which they added an scene or two and edited a bit from the rejected pilot for the Dwight spinoff series they were planning. It's an decent filler episode.

8. Kamui

Kamui New Member

Mar 1, 2020
    I like this tv show

9. mscott89

mscott89 New Member

Monday
    Nelly(redhead brit) was without a doubt the worst part of the entire series, terrible character...

Everyone probably agrees that the show is lacking without Steve/Michael, but to be honest i enjoyed the last seasons without him aswell :)

Overall its my favourite show by miles, no other show has me re-watching it as much as The office, theres a good reason why its still one of the most watched shows, even today !

10. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I am just glad it ended. So many series stop airing without having an ending.

AngryManMLS likes this.