1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Others

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Adam Richey, May 22, 2002.

1. Adam Richey

Adam Richey Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Kokomo, IN
    I don't know about you, but I thought that this movie was awesome. It was kinda hard to follow at the end, but it was great. Have you seen it yet, and what were your opinions?

2. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    I'm looking forward to seeing this. I'm waiting for my rental through Netflix.

3. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Two reasons to watch this movie:

1. Nicole
    2. Kidman

p.s. it was a great movie and really creepy

4. steve24

steve24 New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    It's a really good movie. There are quite a few ghostly bumps and noises in the rear speakers, and the ending is really shocking!

5. John Walsh

John Walsh Godfather/Supporter

Apr 22, 2002
    Honestly I fell asleep during the movie (I watched it at home on DVD). I liked what I saw but it obviously didn't capture my full attention. My wife was watching it with me and she said that she wasn't very impressed by it. She claimed that it was very predictable. She is very difficult to please though.

6. Adam Richey

Adam Richey Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Kokomo, IN
    If your wife could predict the ending of that movie, then you REALLY need to exploit her skills. LOL.

7. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    I enjoyed the movie but was a little disappointed at the ending. I kind of wish they hadn't done the "point of view" thing because it had already been done in the sixth sense.

On the other hand, the story telling was good so it's well worth checking out.

8. Adam Richey

Adam Richey Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Kokomo, IN
    I haven't checked out any of the special features on the second disc yet. Does anybody have The Others and has checked these out? They look really good. I'll have to investigate that further once I FINALLY get out of school.

9. Jun 3, 2002 #9 of 11
    John Walsh

John Walsh Godfather/Supporter

Apr 22, 2002
    If I would have stayed awake I am sure that I would have found the movie enyoyable. If I like a movie you can rest assured that my wife hates it and vice versa.

10. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Almost bought it on DVD at Walmart last Saturday, but for some reason I didnt...

11. Adam Richey

Adam Richey Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Kokomo, IN
    I finally found Arachnophobia on DVD at Circuit City this past Sunday. It was only $7! I love that movie. I got that, From Hell, and There's Something About Mary.