1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE TAX MAN COMETH...

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Nick, Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    He's coming. Are you ready? Have you waited until the last minute?
    There are over 17,000 pages of IRS tax regulations. Have you read
    all of them? Have you read any of them?

[​IMG]

ARE YOU READY?

2. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Had all the forms done for about 2 months now. I'll send them in on the 15th. Clergy taxes are unlike any other category, so for years I did them myself, without any electronic aids, except for one year I experimented, about six years ago. Finally, last year I broke down and bought Taxcut software. This year I used TurboTax. Went pretty quick, and it probably paid off, because with three family members in college/grad school and some changes in education deductions this year it saved me a lot of time. But I'll still be sending it in on the 15th on paper because I still owe some money, and because of some clergy type notations I need to make that can't be filed electronically. The software has improved a lot as far as dealing with clergy taxes.

3. Frapp

Frapp Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Been doing my own for -6- years now. Got tired of watching my old accountant punch in the numbers I gathered for him into his corporate Turbo Tax program at a fee of several hundred dollars :)

Turbo Tax is great and even as my personal taxes have become more complex over the years, T.T. stays up to date. I should also mention that the IRS website has GREATLY improved over the last few years. I have researched rules/regulations there many times on different topics.

4. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I just finished electronically filing my returns. Now I have to send in a form to the IRS saying that I don't have to send in a form because I electronically filed the form insted of mailing it. Make sense? Must be a government thing. :D

See ya
    Tony

5. raj2001

raj2001 Icon/Supporter

Nov 2, 2002
    I filed since February. My refund from NY was mailed today and my refund from the IRS is being mailed tomorrow. I simply don't believe in procrastination.

6. lee635

lee635 Hall Of Fame

Apr 17, 2002
    Yeah, the tax programs have done wonders for tax filing. I sent mine in and got my refund direct deposited in three weeks. The IRS is quicker than most rebates! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.