1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Unofficial "I LOVE WINTER" Thread

Discussion in 'The OT' started by smiddy, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    Yep, this is counter to that other thread. I love the winter. I love snow, I love the cold, it makes everything so crisp and fresh. I am glad there is a such thing as winter too, it gives us all something to look forward to like the spring flowers and baseball is coming, yep, it is a cycle of life and a fun one too. Without up there is no down, similarly without winter, there are no other seasons. :D

2. dhhaines

dhhaines Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Smiddy,

I have to agree with you I love the winter time. Only problem is is my area we haven't had one this year. No snow to speak of and not a whole lot of cold weather, I may have to move further North!

3. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    No snow here .. Just rain and trees without leaves .. except of course when it isn't raining. I don't know that I love winter, but it ain't so bad :)

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Smiddy, I would look into some professional help, dude.

5. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I love Winter too, so long as I can spend it in Florida. :D

6. dhhaines

dhhaines Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Nah... having only 2 seasons is boring. The hot muggy season and the not hot muggy season. People actually wear sweaters in Florida when it's 70.:rolleyes:
    Something very wrong with that. ;)

7. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    I also love winter... But unfortunately, we don't have much of one here in Memphis... We go from 60 degree days down to 20 degree nights sometimes... just never seems to be any precipitation around when it's below freezing :(

I hardly ever get to see a 'good snow'... We've only had some flurries once this whole season... Looks like we have a chance for some flurries tomorrow night... but it usually doesn't happen when they predict it... I'm hoping we at least get one good snowfall before it's too late :)

8. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    This winter has felt so much like home and growing up. Mostly Utah is semi-arid here, darn near desert so typically not much in the snow.

This year, we've already had enough precipitation to be at 160% of a full year!

Nice snow cover, friendly snow piles, etc. Beautiful! With much more sunshine than I used to see in the Midwest.

Woohoo! :)

9. Supervolcano

Supervolcano Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2007
    Nothing is more attractive than checking out all the chicks with 8 layers of clothing.

10. steve053

steve053 Godfather

May 11, 2007
    The only thing I like about winter in the frozen tundra is it's a great excuse to head south to Cancun for a week. Nothing makes people more jealous than a tan in winter. :lol:

11. kitchj

kitchj Godfather

Aug 3, 2007
    I love winter!! No 120 degree days!

12. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    That is a plus .. My extreme is 118 in Las Vegas one time and 112 @ home summer before last. I'll stick with winter if my choice is winter or 120 degrees ..

13. Draconis

Draconis New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Just remember, you can always add more clothes when it is cold.

When it's hot, you can only take off so much clothing before you are arrested for indecent exposure.

14. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2006
    EXACTLY Ratara EXACTLY!

15. dave1234

dave1234 Icon

Oct 9, 2005
    I remember loving winter when it was July in Minnesota and the temp. was 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity. Then I remember loving summer in the middle of January when the temp. was 20 below with a strong arctic blast...

16. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
  17. smiddy

Apr 5, 2006
    Sounds good Mr. Shadow dude, go ahead and look into some professional help, I don't mind. :D

18. smiddy

Apr 5, 2006
    Uhm, have ya been to a ski resort? Ever got stuck on a lift with a bunny? I have, I'm a gentlemen so I won't say, but let your imagination wander. :D

19. smiddy

Apr 5, 2006
    Try 130's in Saudi Arabia, and muggy! Yuck, give me cool days and a jacket (or Mrs. Smiddy next to me) and I'm happy! :D

20. smiddy

Apr 5, 2006
    I wonder why it is called indecent? I mean aren't we all beautiful? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.