1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Unusuals - No second season

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by spartanstew, May 18, 2009.

1. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    According to The Futon Critic

2. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    Bummer I liked this one.

3. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Darned. I thought it was good and had lots of potential. Also a great cast.

4. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    We really liked this one too.

5. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I had all of them archived on the DVR, finally watched the first episode about 3 weeks ago, didn't care for it too much, and then this week started to run out of room so I deleted the whole folder. Finally, I feel good about not investing myself in a show that wasn't picked up .... (See: Eli Stone, Pushing Daisies, Dirty Sexy Money, Terminator:SCC ... I could go on.)

6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Hmmmm... I seem to remember predicting this when this show came in to replace Life on Mars.

7. xmguy

xmguy Active Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    I starting watching it and Southland. I chose Southland over The Unusuals.

8. xmguy

xmguy Active Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    You did I remember it.

9. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    We liked The Unusuals. Wasn't yet quite as enjoyable as Life or Life on Mars, but I thought it had potential. Too bad, because I definitely would have recorded it along with CSI:NY next year in that time slot, now that Leno will be replacing L&O at 10. /steve

10. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    We killed our "Life on Mars" timer after three or four episodes ... never could get into premise, and Gretchen looked misplaced in her own time. We started watching "The Unusuals" and immediately loved it. We'll be so sad to kill that timer. Way to go, ABC.:nono2:

11. phox_mulder

phox_mulder Legend

Nov 1, 2007
    I have 2 or 3 waiting to be watched, and am also running short on space on that particular DVR (one of the few I haven't put a bigger drive in), so I'll probably delete the rest as well.

phox

12. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    I was recording Southland and The Unusuals - really like Southland. I found The Unusuals to be ok to watch if there wasn't anything else available, but it didn't really have a strong hook for me. I'll finish out the run, but with every character having a "quirk" the show just didn't seem to know what to focus on - like they couldn't decide whether they were trying to make a more serious verision of Reno 911 or a dumbed down version of Barny Miller.

13. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    That may be the very reason we like it. It's both funny and irreverent without resorting to slapstick.