1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The WB wants our help?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by music_beans, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    I signed up for free access to www.thewbpass.com, and it is pretty good. There is one thing though. On the right nav bar, there is a ad for 'free' stuff. When you click it, a page pops up with this message:

What is this mystery mission that requires a VCR?

In order to see the form, you need to register (free) and the WB pass will be tailored to your local WB affiliate. Its the only way to see it.

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Huh...no free stuff ad is showing up for me. Only fun stuff.

3. music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    Its right underneath the left nav bar, and it says "FREE STUFF. Click Here. Help Us out."

4. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Not on any screen that I can pull up...but strangely enough, Denver's not even listed as a choice for a WB station... :shrug:

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    My city is listed, but not the link in question. Perhaps WB's offer is market specific and related to a problem they are having in South Dakota?

I said no to their email updates on registration ... that could have ruled me out.

JL

6. busboy789

busboy789 AllStar

Oct 25, 2003
    nothing free for Dallas

7. Randy_B

Randy_B Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Nothing in St Louis area either.

8. TonyM

TonyM Banned User

Aug 14, 2003
    Nothing free for Duluth

9. music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    Hmm, maybe it IS just me. I tried Pueblo CO, and it just redirected me to the main www.thewb.com site.

10. DBSJedi

DBSJedi AllStar

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm still looking for the link too. Can you do us a favor and click the history button on your Internet Explorer and look through your WB hits for the day you did this offer?.. find the one that links to this offer and please post it here. Thanks :)

11. DBSJedi

DBSJedi AllStar

Mar 25, 2002
    No, not that link.. the one he clicked on after he signed up that said "free" that made the popup spring forth. He should have the direct link to that popup as a URL in his Internet Explorer history since it tracks all URLs.. even those that popup that don't appear on the top of the web browser (sans addressbar).

EDIT: Maybe it does vary by location. I clicked on your link and it just takes me to the same place the first link in this thread takes me.

12. scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    I like WB, but I do not understand what you want me to do to help.

13. inferhack

inferhack Guest

Well it actually does vary location, since I tried it first in my location nothing there then I signed up by using a South Dakota location and I got it. It is only available in the South Dakota location.

14. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    I am a big WB fan so this interests me. I did not see it after registering either.

15. DBSJedi

DBSJedi AllStar

Mar 25, 2002
    I signed up again using SD and sure enough the link to the free stuff did appear. I filled out the form anyhow with a note in the comments section about being out of state, but happy to help. It couldn't hurt, right?

16. dlsnyder

dlsnyder Godfather

Apr 24, 2002
    There is not even one show on that network that interests me. My wife, on the other hand, watches fairly often. The only time I watch KTLA anymore is Saturday afternoons for "Andromeda". Even that is an iffy proposition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.